CHAPTER 32

"We're already late to salon," Everett said, pointing behind him, and Jade followed him, smiling.

"Thank you, Everett. I appreciate your honesty."

"Don't worry," he shrugged. "It comes with life experience."

"Everett, wait!" Zeth was coming closer, rubbing his temples. "I can't find anything that is worthy of my taste in fashion! But I think I found something in her size and style, practically a nun outfit. Could you lend me the girl to see if her majesty likes my choice?!"

"She stays with me," Everett said. "First, we'll do Jade's hair, then you can take care of clothes."

"But this girl doesn't like anything!" Zeth yelled, and Jade shrugged. "Nothing seems right to her! She's so dramatic!"

"Pick whatever you want," Jade said, and Zeth's eyes widened. Everett put his hand on her shoulder and smiled at her, nodding. "It's time to stop being the old Jade. I want to be someone new, so I leave it in your hands. I trust you."

"What did you do to the real Jade, Everett?" Zeth crossed his arms and looked up. "When did you find the good twin?"

"It's same Jade. I just told her what I think," the giant replied.

"And I appreciate that," Jade said. "And he also admitted he likes me." Jade looked at Zeth with defiant eyes. "I need to change, Zeth. I'm tired of being dramatic and afraid of change."

"Then I have just found the perfect outfit in a store on the second floor," Zeth was about to turn around when Jade spoke again.

"Wait!" Zeth turned around, and she eyed Everett. "Can Zeth and I have a minute alone, Everett?"

"Of course!" Everett nodded and opened the door of the salon. "But hurry up, cameraman has already been waiting for half an hour in there."

"It'll be quick," Jade nodded and then turned to see Zeth.

“What do you want to talk about?" The band leader crossed his arms.

"I have decided to be brave," Jade began, clinging to the sleeves of her jacket. "But I'm not sure what will happen next. I don't know how to act or what to say. I've been alone for years now. I am not used to having to work on myself, especially on things that really matter to society."

"Do it for yourself, not for society," Zeth put his hands on her shoulders and pushed them back. "Stand up straight, don't slouch."

Jade inhaled deeply and squared her shoulders.

"I will try to do what's best for me and not worry about what others think. That's the first lesson I learned thanks to you guys."

"Well, you're doing a good job," Zeth said and smiled. "I can tell. You haven't forgotten who you are, but you still have an idea of who you want to become. You've become stronger and braver."

"Thanks, Zeth," Jade smiled at him, and he winked at her. "But let me take things at my own pace. Don't buy miniskirts or revealing tops, okay? Clothes that fit my style a little."

"Okay," Zeth nodded. "I promise."

"I know you will choose right," Jade put her hand on his cheek, and Zeth gasped low, his warm skin growing hot under her fingers. "After all, you've always had good taste."

"O-Obviously," Had Zeth just stammered? He quickly pushed her hand away from his face and nodded with flushed cheeks. "I... I mean, I've been dressing everyone in the band since day one. I've got this."

"Thanks for helping me," Jade smiled. "I wouldn't have stepped out of my comfort zone if it wasn't for you and the guys."

"I... I have to go now," Zeth cleared his throat. "There is a lot I have to do," he patted her shoulder. "Good luck at the salon. Everett has great taste. Let him give you some tips."