CHAPTER 57

"Now that Jade is asleep and there are no more distractions, I want everyone to pay attention.” Zeth said, walking like a sergeant in front of the boys who were lining up like soldiers in the middle of the Solar. He walked from Everett on the left, past Frank, Alex, and Finn to Draco on the right. "Rehearsal is at two in the afternoon. We'll make it to Sydland in about two hours if we take the staff bus, so we'll take our cars and the cheerleaders will go on that bus. I've also asked some designer friends to make some velcro suits as fast as possible, and they'll have them by tonight. I only ask that you bring a bow tie, not a tie. And I'm talking to you, Everett. I know you hate bow ties."

"What about the dance routine?" Frank asked.

"We've never had a problem memorizing choreographies, so we'll learn a little bit from Kevin's friends' routine and let the cheerleaders serve as the background while we sing the first part of the show," Zeth said, pausing a little. "Frank, you will meet with the staff of the show for the pyrotechnics. Draco will be in charge of verifying the sound. Alex will review the choreography with Kevin's dancers. All of you will report to Finn, and he will report everything to me when I arrive... And Everett, try not to fight with anyone. You stay in the dressing room that we are given. I'll go to the school to talk to the cheerleaders and offer paychecks so that they dance the routine that they used to win the nationals."

"And what about Kevin?" Alex asked.

"The boy is a Visbal. He can make himself invisible and see the whole rehearsal to learn what he needs to learn," Zeth said somewhat doubtfully. "I just hope the guy learns fast. If he does well, I'll make sure he's the newest member of the band if Finn wants to retire."

"I no longer consider the possibility," Finn said. "I’ve already found my place."

"But Kevin may face legal trouble!" Alex seemed too worried, and Draco lowered his head. What did Kevin have that he didn't? And why was Draco jealous of Kevin? Alex didn't like men to begin with… Not that Draco knew, at least.

"Nothing Sue's father can't figure out," Zeth said with a careless wave of his hand. "Everett, do you think your sister can come with us for a little makeover?" Zeth looked up and Everett nodded.

"I'm sure I can persuade her. There's nothing she wouldn't do for me... Except wash dishes. She hates washing dishes.”

"Alright, everyone, break up and let's get started. I'll see you downstairs," Zeth said, and they all headed for the door, everyone except Draco.

"It's weird," Draco told Zeth. "We will return to The Idol Academy, where it all began."

"Anton's father had no faith in us as solo artists," Zeth said, sighing.

"No one had faith in us," Draco turned to Frank, who was the most determined and was already walking out of the Solar. "And look at us now. Frank made his dream come true."

"Frank has always been an optimist, and always works hard," said Zeth, "He reminds me a lot of the stories I used to hear about Great Adviser Orlog Nosferatt."

"Comparing Frank to one of the cruellest masterminds of the Clash of the Rahmans is cruel." Said Draco with a frown.

"I was referring to the younger version of Orlog, a young man who worked in the Apple Orchard of Robleston all day, hiding among the workers, even on rainy days," Zeth said, "And if we're honest, that Sun Vampire didn't do anything wrong, per say. He was loyal to his cause, loyal to his king, a brilliant mind during the Clash of the Rahmans who gave his all to the end no matter... "

"Orlog was responsible for thousands of deaths, Zeth, including his own father's long before The Clash according to rumours.” Draco crossed his arms, “It's like saying my father was worthy of admiration."

"Well, your father was dishonourable but admirable, as a Duke and a strategist, but as a father...” Zeth hissed, “That's another story. He was an absolute ass."

"Could it be true that Orlog and Batrix, I mean Batrix ‘The Red Queen’ and not my sister, were the ones who sent the Sacred Wood spear to Zeth ‘The Conqueror’ to kill Duke Draco ‘The Original’ during the Bleeding Cathedral Massacre?"

"I guess it's true," Zeth replied, "Orlog was capable of a lot of things to avoid marrying a Von Stroker, and it seems that women named Batrix were capable of anything to achieve their goals."

"No, they didn't do everything to achieve their goals, that's Frank," Draco said, "My sister and the Red Queen were just greedy and too clever for everyone's good."

"You're right. Frank is a boy like few others. Do you remember when Frank said he had just auditioned for The Idol Academy in 2015?" Zeth chuckled a little.

"It was like being friends with a celebrity," Draco giggled. "Even though he had been eliminated at the boot-camp stage, he tried again a year later, and again the next year."

"I still remember when the three of us went to audition in 2017," Zeth smiled. "I remember you and I lined up with him, and Frank was so happy! I think he infected us with his positive energy, and that's why you and I gave our all in our auditions."

It seemed like yesterday when Frank returned for the show's eighth series of The Idol Academy and auditioned and advanced to the bootcamp stage.

After failing the first challenge, he was placed into a group named Super Mash with Mort Greyston.

Draco and Zeth had a similar story.

Draco successfully auditioned as a soloist but failed the first challenge of the bootcamp section to progress.

Zeth auditioned but failed the first bootcamp challenge too. He was placed into a four-piece group named Monster Boys with Draco.

Both groups, Monster Boys and Super Mash, failed to progress through the next stage and were eliminated.

"The idea of mixing the names Monster Boys and Super Mash together was Frank's," Draco said with a wistful smile. "I still remember when we went to visit him at the hospital and asked his opinion on the name of our musical duo."

"Frank's accident," Zeth nodded and hung his head. "The guilt still haunts me."

"I still feel like my heart breaks every time I see him give it his all on stage," Draco looked down. "It was our fault."

"It wasn't our fault, Draco, it was something that neither you nor I could see coming, no matter how much experience we had while living in Evalon," Zeth put his arm around Draco. "Without the accident, what we are today would never have happened. It is because of you that we can help so many people and animals."

"The pizza boy was always persevering."

"Did Mort say anything when he saw Frank?" Zeth asked, and Draco shrugged.

"Mort and Frank seemed as close as strangers."