CHAPTER 87

"Wait," Jade said, running after Alex. "Hey, Alex! What's wrong?"

Alex stopped walking, spun around, and glared at her. His hand clenched into a tight fist, his heart pounded in his chest.

"Draco! Draco is what's wrong!"

"Did you two have an argument?" Jade asked.

Alycandro sighed, then put his hands on her shoulders.

He looked straight into her eyes, into her soul.

"I don't want anyone to find out," he squeezed her shoulders. "And I don't want to talk about that here. Come with me," he held her hand.

Jade followed behind him, her mind racing.

He went to the purple door and flung it open.

"Is this your room?" she asked.

It was all purple, with golden accents. It was very plain, no signs of personality whatsoever. But what caught her eye more than anything else was the window, which had a crescent moon shape. Everything was tidy except for a towel spread out on the purple furry bedspread.

"Is it too obvious?" he asked, kicking off his shoes, taking off his furry vest. "Draco and I used to talk here in bed, talk about utter nonsense and laugh together. Now everything has a different meaning." He continued, taking her by surprise when he slammed his fist against the wall, cracking the purple paint a little. "Now I see that, for Draco, that was more than just meaningless talk."

"It has to do with Dralycandro's ship, right?" Jade swallowed and he nodded.

"That idiot just confessed to me that he loves me," Alex roared, quite literally. "And that confuses me. I want to be with you, I want to be with someone else too, and I want to…"

"Be with Draco?" Jade asked. "Because you can. Zeth proposed to Finn to be his boyfriend and mine at the same time. That's what being polyamorous is all about. To love more than one person. You don't seem to have a problem dating me. And I honestly don't mind sharing you with Draco if that makes you happy."

"Sharing isn't the problem. I've done it before, in fact, I have had more poly relationships than monogamous relationships." Alex replied, rubbing his forehead, "But I have not been romantically with any man, you know?"

"Would Draco be your first gay experience?"

"I didn't say that either," Alex replied, "I said 'romantically' but... I always kept that side of me very hidden."

"Are you embarrassed?"

“Of Draco? I would never be!" Alex roared again, “But my hetero-curious side was always a secret. Do you know how traditional my family is? It was actually a mess when Lyctor’s son, Aullydo, came out as gay. The house became a battlefield. I was the first to know, and I was very supportive and even received a beating for defending my nephew, but Uncle Sigmundo was not too glad about it, nor was Uncle Clawdio and his son, Scarlos, who became bitter toward Aullydo.”

“Wait, who is Lyctor?”

"He's the oldest of my half-brothers," Alex clarified, "Don't interrupt me! Anyway, Lyctor was not going to put up with the insults to his son and there was a giant wolf fight at home that left the entire kitchen in pieces.”

“Oh! That’s awful!”

“It was! Clawstin and Howliver joined the side of their older brother, and they destroyed the living room and part of the hallway of the house while...”

“Wait, I'm already confused... Who is Clawstin and Howliver's older brother?”

“Lyctor! Pay attention!” Alex yelled.