CHAPTER 53

A strong wind blew through the leaves.

Four out of the six boys covered their faces, but Everett stood tall and unmoving, and Draco didn't seem to shiver. In fact, he was only wearing a goth leather vest with no shirt underneath, and black leather pants, which were terrible for cold nights, Jade could tell. His elbow-length fingerless gloves were also made of leather. Maybe he was the kind of guy who prioritized fashion over comfort. After all, his black goth boots with high platforms and numerous studs and buckles didn't seem very comfortable for such a long walk.

Then she remembered that Draco was a vampire, so maybe he didn't care.

"This night is cold, isn't it?" Frank asked Jade, as friendly as ever, adjusting the vest he was wearing. His silver trainers sank into the mud as he walked.

Despite her fear, she smiled. Frank had always been a cute guy, and he surely wouldn't take girls to a trap, right?

Right?!

"Yes, it's a bit cold," Jade said, hugging herself. She should have brought a jacket.

She looked up, and Draco was watching her with his cute red eyes.

"If you're feeling cold, maybe I could strip to warm you up," Draco winked.

"Control yourself, bro," Alex laughed, "Save it for that special someone."

"That's not fair. Draco is mating and no one told me competition had started," Everett said, grunting and looking down at the shortest of the group, "If that's case, I'll take off my shirt. My muscles are bigger than yours!"

"What competition?" Alex asked.

"These geniuses came up with the idea of making Jade fall in love so that she would agree to be everyone's girlfriend," Zeth said with a dismissive wave of his hand, "Please! You know that competing against me is a certain defeat!"

"Well, I'm in for the competition," Alex said, then nudged Draco. "What do you say, Mary Jane?"

"I told you I'm Gwen Stacy," Draco blushed.

"Women don't like short men," Everett said.

"And women don't like to kiss an ice lolly!" Draco yelled.

"Why are you yelling?" Everett raised an eyebrow.

"So you can hear me up there, brute!" Draco yelled again.

"Stop fighting," Frank said. "We're all friends! I'm sure Jade isn't interested in being in a fighting club! Right, Jade?"

"Well..." Jade rubbed her forearm. "I actually..."

"Women don't like passive boys either, they like troublemakers!" Alex said, flexing his biceps.

"Women like millionaires," Zeth ran a hand through his hair. "Obviously, I win."

"We're all millionaires," Alex rebutted.

"But we can all agree that I have more money than all of you," Zeth inspected his nails, "All my work and effort is worth it."

"You can't force Jade to be with someone she doesn't love," Frank said, "She must choose who to love, the best man of the group."

“I am best man,” said Everett.

"Of course not! I am the best," said Zeth, "And the wisest too. That's why my idea to be in a polyamorous relationship is better than whatever you guys are trying to do. We will avoid conflicts if she dates us all."

"Correct me if I'm wrong but don't you sound like Thotmaz and Maahel ‘the Crushed’ Rahman when they were looking for a match for their sister?" Draco asked, "In the end, we both know what happened to Princess Hathoria."