CHAPTER 91

Jade and all the boys were sitting at the table, all of them except for Zeth, who was standing with a military pose.

"Our polyamorous romance should be respectful and not force anything on anyone," Zeth began, "Kind of like what King Zehtt Greak had but without the deaths or the poison or the dungeons."

"That wasn't romance. Zehtt had wives as hostages in case any kingdom opposed his rule," Draco whispered under his breath, "But semantics, I suppose."

"Jade will date each and every one of us," Zeth said, "That way..."

"Zeth?" Draco raised a hand like a child in school, "Don't you sound like Duke Bloodimir of Bloodstone when he decided that his wife should be married to King Zehtt Greak? And I'm talking about Bloodimir 'The Heartless' who ruled after the original Draco, not my brother."

"Hey, I don't have Jade in a dungeon to begin with," Zeth refuted, "And I'm not forcing her to do anything, she can decide if she stays with all of us or none of us."

"It's exactly the same but without the dungeon!" Draco shouted. The boys all looked at each other, perhaps wondering, just like Jade, if this was a good idea.

"But our relationship will be fair, like that of King Zehtt Greak," Zeth said, "But here there will be respect and..."

"Why do you use Zehtt Greak as an example of a polyamorous relationship if King Anuber is a better example and was not as cruel?" Draco asked.

"Anuber was not polyamorous, he was promiscuous. Besides, do you think King Anuber loved someone?" Zeth frowned, "He was all lust, like someone from House Cubbus. If Anuber had even a little love in his heart, he would have let his wife marry Heruz 'The Giant' Rahman and that would have been a fairy tale!"

"And you think Zehtt Greak loved anyone?" Draco crossed his arms with a mocking look.

"Yes. King Ozyrez Rahman, Queen Nephty 'The Martyr' Rahman, even Batrix 'The Red Queen' Von Stroker."

"I'll never understand why my sister had the same name as that mad woman," Draco rolled his eyes, "But the name suited her perfectly! They were both killer bitches!"

"As I was saying before Draco interrupted," Zeth already seemed annoyed, speaking under his breath, "It is said that those who don't know history are condemned to repeat it, so..."

"Zeth?" Draco again interrupted and his leader clenched his teeth and fists, "Should I remind you that King Zehtt Greak, who was already married to Treeresa Nosferatt, decided to also marry Vittoria Rubinstein and Batrix 'The Red Queen' Von Stroker? And then he married Deltania 'The Numb' Alfaro and Josefinn Seamons? And Nephty 'The Martyr' Rahman during the Sad Wedding? Don't you think history is repeating itself? There is one of us for every Great House in Evalon."

"If there was a Nosferatt among us then history would be repeating itself," Zeth grunted, "But that House is extinct, so I don't think that's the case."

"I think you're right, but Everett..."

"Everett is a Frostakov, he doesn't count as a Nosferatt. He's not even a vampire. Stop interrupting me!"

"And should I remind you what happened to King Zehtt Greak's wives?" Draco insisted, "Because in the end, only Nephty survived, and I think we're also going to kill each like they did."

"First of all, they didn't kill each other. It was Batrix who caused everything," Zeth refuted, "And second, you don't look like someone who would kill us all for a throne... Do you, Draco?"

"Not me, but Everett worries me a little," Draco whispered.

"Can we continue now?" Jade seemed very upset, more so than Zeth himself, "No one understands anything you two are saying!"