CHAPTER 88

"Alex told you what happened, right?" Draco asked, his reddish eyes wide. "You don't think I did wrong, right? Do you think he hates me? Did he tell you anything about me?"

"Hey, relax first..." Jade answered, stepping away from him. "Is Frank still cleaning the floor?"

Draco shook his head before turning away, gesturing to the large living room.

"He said he would go to his workshop to look for something. Come on, we need to talk." They both walked into the living room, and Draco looked more dishevelled and rushed than usual. "Sit, I'll get you something," Draco said, pointing to the nearest couch.

Jade sat down and waited as he went into the kitchen. After a few minutes, he returned with a glass of apple juice and her beer. He sat next to her and handed her the beer.

"So...” Draco cleared his throat, "What did Alex say?"

"He didn't say much, but he punched the wall and then he made me dizzy with his confusing family tree," Jade said, taking a sip of her beer.

Draco stared at her for a few seconds and nodded slightly, taking a sip from his glass.

"Well, and I guess the sound of the shower is him," Draco finally said after a while. She nodded. "He hates me because I'm in love."

"I guess he does not," she said, smiling back. "But is that going to stop you from being with him?"

"He's in love with another man," Draco waved it off. "I guess he likes you and Kevin," his eyes and hers met briefly, and her cheeks warmed up, now aware of how close they were sitting.

"And why don't you fight for him?"

"Because he won't fight for me," Draco shrugged. "Alex never gave any sign of being in love with me anyway. I should have guessed."

"In fact, there are several signs. You should see the clips that the Mashers put together to make Dralycandro videos," she nodded. But all of a sudden, the door to her right opened up, and warm steam wafted out in a soft cloud.

Her eyes widened when tall, muscular Alex emerged.

Her nether regions tingled.

Tiny drops of water, like diamonds glittering under the sun, slid down his chiselled jawline and dripped off his chest and sculpted abs, making a puddle on the marble floor.

She averted her eyes from the expanse of exposed skin to look at her own hands.

"What is he doing here?" Alycandro growled.

"Well, I live here, so I don't understand the question," Draco said, placing his arm around Jade. She met his scarlet gaze, and he winked.

"I suppose you should move out," Alycandro's voice sent chills up Jade’s spine. Draco frowned and tightened his hold around her before releasing.

“No, of course not,” Draco replied. “I think if anyone has to move out, it's you. I lived with Zeth here long before you or your parents or grandparents were born. I've lived here since 1918 to be precise, and here I will live with all the boys, and Jade, until the day I die."

"You trying to make me jealous with Jade?" Alycandro crossed his arms, his chest and biceps suddenly looked bigger and more defined than they had been only moments earlier.

“You can say so.” Draco stood up, challenging him to respond.

The corners of Alycandro's lips curled upward, just enough to show his fangs.

Jade was sure she was about to faint again, but out of shame this time. She didn't know what to do or say, whether to go into plant mode or run out the door.

Plant mode was the most feasible choice.