Moving Hooty!

In the living room, Eda and Owlbert are playing a card game with Luz and King watching. Eda shuffles her hand, and the eyes on the cards look up at her. Owlbert, wearing a green visor, narrows his eyes and hoots.

"Watch closely, Luz. Hexes Hold'em is the most tricky game on the Boiling Isles. Any proper witch knows how to play."
"Oh boy, cards! The paper rectangles that old people think are fun!"

Eda puts a card down on the table. Lightning comes from the cards, sending Owlbert flying for cover behind the side of the table. The cards all stand and roar. Owlbert's surge forward and attack Eda's, making Owlbert smirk.

"Now when it looks like the deck is stacked against you, that's when you break out the wildcard."

She holds up a card with a tower on it. It glows green, and Owlbert's cards disappear in a flash of fire. Fiery letter spelling out "WINNER: EDA" appear and disappear over the table. Owlbert hops back on and hoots at Eda, his wings extended.

Woo, I win! In your adorable owl face. Ah, I love the feeling of victory; it feels... fluffy?" Feathers are growing from her arms.
"Uh, Eda? It's happening again!"
"What's happening again?"
"Your curse is returning!" Eda yelps as Y/n runs upstairs for more elixir.

Y/n opens a chest, Luz on one side and King on the other.
"Oh, boy." All of the bottles in the chest are empty.
"This is terrible. I'm out of elixir."
"Uh, last time this happened, you turned into this thing." Luz holds up her phone, a picture of the Owl Beast on screen.
"I know I should be repulsed, but that look is fierce."
"Eda!"
"You're right, you're right. We need to head to the market."
"Market!" Luz stands and starts to leave with King follows her. "I'm stealing everything that's not nailed down!"
"Even stock up on Eda's apple blood." Y/n looked at Eda with a raised brow.

"Before we go, would anyone like to play one more hand of Hexes Hold'em?" She pats her pocket. "Hey, where are my cards?"
Luz hands the deck to Owlbert. "Take these and fly ahead. She'll have to follow us." Owlbert does and flies off.

Eda runs after him. "Owlbert, you sore loser, gimme back my cards!"

•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•

The Bonesborough sky line as a winged demon flies past. They enter the market, where Eda bangs on a metal grate. "Hey, open up, Morton!"
"Uh, ju—... just a minute!"
"Take you're time"

King leaves their side to sit next to Luz on a bench.
"Is there anything better than people watching in the Demon Realm?" Three witches are standing at a bus stop as a giant egg rolls up to it. The egg cracks, revealing a featherless bird that screeches. It flies away. The witches enter the egg, one of them closes it, and it rolls off as Tinella Nosa runs up. "Wait, wait! Aw, dang it."

"The curse of tiny legs."
"I know the pain." A pair of loud steps make Tinella Nose screams and runs. A witch waves his hand, and a cart with a large demon on it follows him. Luz walks up to Eda and Y/n.

"Whoa, that is one ominous parade."
"That's no parade. Those are demon hunters." The demon growls and bucks. The two demon hunters pushing the cart pull its ropes to pin it back down. It tries to bite at the first demon hunter.

"Dangerous nomads who capture and sell the most powerful beasts." The first demon hunter traces a spell circle, creating green lightning in his hand. He grunts as he shocks the demon unconscious. He turns and looks at Luz. She gasps.
"...Which I'm about to become if you don't open up, Morton!" She continues knocking on the grate.

Morton opens the grate. "Sorry, Eda! I was up all night poison tasting and for some reason, I don't feel great." Y/n looked at him with concern before reaching in her pocket and handing him a box of tea.
"It'll help with the poison." Morton takes the box with a smile then facing the two.