Lost in Language

In the Owl Houses living room, Luz is reading from The Good Witch Azura 5 to King

""Azura," Hecate began. "Our paths have crossed only in battle. But today I stand before you seeking an ally.""
"Luz, you're getting all swoon-y again."
"I can't help it. Azura is able to befriend everyone. Even her biggest rival. I wish I had that kind of power."
"Rivals are meant to be annihilated, not befriended. Now keep reading. I've been sucked into your awful fandom."
"Okay. "Suddenly the door swung open."
Hooty swings the door open. "Ding-dong. Ding. Hoot! Hoot!"
"The book has come to life! Burn it!"

Luz goes to the door and finds a basket.
"Hmm?"
Luz walks into the kitchen with the basket.
"Eda, you got a package. It looks like a gift basket." "Probably an offering. Ah! Being the most powerful witch in the Boiling Isles has its perks."

King with a bib now tied on, grunts as he pulls a blanket off the top of the basket, revealing a snoring baby bat. King rubbing his paws together. "Mm. Fresh meat."
"No, not eating that."
"Witches eating babies is so 1693. What is this?"
"There's a note." He grabs it. "Take care of my child till morning. Yi Yi."

"Nope. Babies are awful. Not happening."
""You will be handsomely rewarded. X-O-X-O-X-O-X. Bat Queen.""
"Bat Queen?" King pulls a few snails out of the basket. Eda's eyes widen.
"Reward?"
"Who's the Bat Queen?" King sniffs the snails.

"She's a wealthy demon on the Boiling Isles. Get in with her and you're set for life." Y/n raises a brow at Eda who takes one of the snails.
"So, we keep this thing alive for a few hours and we get paid. Pfft. Easy."
"Our greatest adventure yet! Learning about love and life through a child's eyes."
"Not you. You have to return the books I checked out from the library."

Eda summons a pile of books, which Luz catches.
"I don't want her getting a cut of the loot." Eda whispered to King making Y/n cross her arms.
"Good thinking."

"Now, let's take a look at this little darling." Eda fully takes the blanket off making the baby bat screech.
"Argh!"
"Oh, boy."
"On second thought, maybe we could use your help!"
Luz is halfway out the door. "Well, I better get to the library! Got to go! Bye!" She closes the door while the Baby bat continues screeching.
"We got this, right?" Eda looks at Y/n who waved 'good-bye' as she leaves making Eda frown.
The baby bat flies out of the basket and into Eda's face.
"Whoa!"

•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•

In the streets of Bonesborough, Luz is struggling to walk with her load. She passes Tinella Nosa, carrying a book as big as Luz.
"Huh? Whoa." She watches Tinella Nosa pass, nearly drops her books. She catches them and continues on for a few steps until she sees the library across the street.
"Whoa!" She walks inside of the library as she enters, the book pile glows green and begins floating forward.

"Huh?" Each book flies through a red spell circle.
"Late.....Late." The librarian grabs the last book as Luz walks to the desk. "Coffee, grass and bloodstains? These are Eda's, aren't they?"
"Huh. That was a crazy night."
"I'll put them on her tab." The librarian summons a scroll and writes on it. "By the way, we're closing early for the Wailing Star meteor shower." He gestures to a framed picture of the Wailing Star.

"Ooh. What's that?"
"You're in a library. Read a book." His scroll rolls up and disappears.
"I am in a library. I will read a book." Luz runs off with the librarian shushing her.

Luz walks and sees a banner reading "Demon Decimal System DO NOT FEED." Luz rounds the corner and walks up to the growling card catalogues, feeding one a gum ball.
"Bloop." It gladly chews it for a few seconds before barfing up notecards.