Chapter 5

Jungkook entered inside the living room where his parents were engrossed in watching TV. As he walked in, they both turned their attention towards him. A warm smile graced Mrs. Jeon's face, and Mr. Jeon switched off the TV.

Mr and Mrs. Jeon told Jungkook at dinning table when they were eating dinner that they have to talk to Jungkook about something really important. Since then Jungkook is a little nervous as he sensed that it's something serious.

Jungkook walked further and sat on one of the couch. "Eomma, Appa. What you guys want to talk about?" Jungkook asked.

His parents exchanged a look, and then Mrs. Jeon turned towards Jungkook with a gentle expression, "Kookie, you trust us, right?" She asked.

"Of course, Mom. I trust both of you completely. Don't worry, you can tell me whatever it is," Jungkook replied, a small smile playing on his lips. Mrs. Jeon's face lit up with relief at his response.

Taking a deep breath, she began, "Well, the thing is, we've actually found a spouse for you."

Jungkook's eyes widened in shock. He opened his mouth, and was about to say something, but before he could speak, Mrs. Jeon continued, her words gentle yet urgent.

"I know, I know, it's quite sudden. But before you react, could you please listen to us patiently, sweetheart?"

Jungkook nodded, a mixture of curiosity and anxiety filling his thoughts.

"You met my friend who came here a day before yesterday, right? She was finding a spouse for her son and when she met you she really likes you and then after thinking. She gave us a proposal. She wants you to marry her son.

He is your Appa's bestfriend's son too who is no more in this world. We know them since you were a child. They are really good and nice people. We are also happy with this proposal and want you to meet her son." Mrs. Jeon said.

"He is the CEO of Kim corporations. A very successful CEO. I didn't meet him from long time, but I heard about him. He is sweet, kind and passionate about his work. We are sure you will like him. We invited them on a dinner tomorrow. After meeting them, whatever your decision will be. We'll accept." Mr. Jeon said while Jungkook listening them attentively.

Jungkook bite his lower lip nervously. He don't know what to say. His parents understood that Jungkook is nervous. They gestured him to come and sit between them. Jungkook sat between them and looked down and played with the hem of his sleeves.

"Don't worry... We aren't saying that you have to marry him. We just want you to meet him and his family and if you like him then we will talk further about it, okk. Don't stress yourself." Mr. Jeon said while looking at Jungkook. He smiled at him which Jungkook returned.

"Okay." Jungkook said. His parents smiled widely and hugged him. Jungkook giggled when his parents hugged him from both sides.

They pulled away, Mrs. Jeon kissed Jungkook's forehead. "Now, go and sleep. It already late. Good Night, sleep well kookie." Mrs. Jeon said to Jungkook.

"Good Night Eomma, Appa." Jungkook said. His father ruffled his hair with a warm smile and said good night.

Jungkook entered his room and flopped onto the bed. He stared at the ceiling for a while, then shifted his gaze to the side table. Suddenly, he sat up straight and swiftly dialed a specific person's number. After few rings, a sleepy Jimin answered the call.

"Jimin, I want--" Jungkook cut of by his bestie.

"The person you're trying to reach is currently sleeping," Jimin mumbled sleepily. Jungkook rolled his eyes.

"C'mon, wake up Chim. I really need to tell you something important," Jungkook said and heard a sigh from other side.

"It must be something important or I will convert your 206 bones into 606 bones" Jimin threatened him. He rubbed his eyes and sat up straight. "I swear it's important." Jungkook said seriously.

"What happened? Is everything alright?" Jimin asked worriedly when he sensed Jungkook's seriousness.

Jungkook began to speak, then hesitated, repeating the action a couple of times before finally letting out a frustrated sigh. He was struggling with how to convey the news to Jimin. No words is coming out of his mouth. When Jimin didn't heard anything for a minute he understood that Jungkook is feeling nervous.

"Relax. Take a deep breath and calm down." Jimin said and Jungkook did as he was told.

"S-some people are coming tomorrow to me-meet me." Jungkook said. "Ohh, so why are you so nervous?" Jimin asked confusingly.

"Because they offered a marriage proposal for me. They are the family of Appa's bestfriend. They are coming here tomorrow evening." Jungkook said.

"What!? Marriage proposal! Really!?" Jimin said loudly making Jungkook to put his phone away from his hair with a scrunched face.

"Slow down Jimin, you will wake uncle and aunty." Jungkook said. "Oops. I just got excited." Jimin said.

"Here I am scared as hell and you are getting excited." Jungkook said little irritatedly.

"Why are you scared? Uncle Aunty forcing you to marry him?" Jimin asked.

"Ofc not, Eomma, Appa said that they just want me to meet him. If I like him then they will talk further." Jungkook said while playing with blanket.

"Then just chill and meet him. BTW, what is his name?" Jimin asked and Jungkook's eyes widened a little.

"I-I don't k-know." Jungkook said in low voice. "What! Why!?" Jimin asked.

"They didn't told me." Jungkook said "yeah they didn't tell and you didn't asked. What a dumb friend I have." Jimin said while rolling his eyes.

"Heyy, I'm not dumb." Jungkook said with a pout. "Yeah yeah."

"Appa said that he is the CEO of Kim corps." Jungkook told Jimin. "Ahaaa~ CEO hubby~" Jimin said teasingly causing Jungkook blush slightly.

"Shut up! And yeah you are coming morning here." Jungkook told Jimin. "And why is that? They coming to see you not me." Jimin said making Jungkook sighed.

"Because you have to help me in preparations. You have to help me in clothes and some other things and most importantly, I want you by my side tomorrow." Jungkook said, Jimin smiled softly.

"Okay okay, I'll be there." Jimin said in gentle tone. "Okayy," Jungkook replied happily.

"Now, let's sleep. We need to wake up early tomorrow morning." Jimin said and yawned.

"Yeah, let's sleep." Jungkook said. "Oohh~ someone is getting really excited for tomorrow." Jimin said in a teasing tone, causing Jungkook's cheeks to heat up.

"Chimmmm..." Jungkook whined, causing Jimin laugh. "Okay okay, good Night sweetheart." Jimin said gently.

"Yeah, Good Night to you too Chim, sleep well." Jungkook said while smiling and they cut the call.

Jungkook out his phone on the Side table and snuggled into the comforter. He is feeling nervous, anxious, but also little excited.

While thinking about what will happen tomorrow and how he will handle everything, Sleep engulfed him in his embrace.

To be continued

I hope you guys enjoyed reading this chapter🌼✨

Don't forget to mention me how was the chapter🍁💖

Do vote and share this book.

Take care, stay safe, happy and healthy😚♥️ see you guys in the next chapter💕💫