Chapter 9

𝓔𝓷𝓳𝓸𝔂 𝓵𝓸𝓿𝓮𝓵𝓲𝓮𝓼

When the Kim family left the house, Mr. and Mrs. Jeon, along with Jungkook, sat together and began discussing about kim family and Taehyung. They praised how sweet and kind he was, and how he spoke with great politeness and respect. While they talked, Jungkook was lost in his or should say Taehyung's thoughts, wearing a small yet beautiful smile on his lips.

"Eomma, Appa... I'm going to sleep," Jungkook informed his parents. "Okay, baby, good night," Mrs. Jeon replied. "Yeah, good night. Sleep well, bunny," Mr. Jeon added, offering Jungkook a gentle smile.

"Good night," Jungkook sweetly said to his parents and made his way to his room. He entered his room quickly, sat on the bed, and retrieved his phone from the side table drawer. Then, he dialed his best friend's number and started a video call.

"C'mon pick up the call minie..," Jungkook whined and after few rings Jimin picked up the call. As soon as the call was answered Jungkook heard Jimin's loud voice.

"You idiot! I was waiting for your call for so long and in the end I slept! Where were you? Already forget your bestie, your soulmate, your one and only, huh!? I didn't expect this from you Kookie." Jimin said dramatically.

"Oh my jiminie there is nothing like that. They just left few minutes ago, so I quickly came in my room and called you." Jungkook said and Jimin nodded in understanding.

"Okk so tell me, what's he like? Is he handsome?" Jimin asked excitedly. Jungkook bite his lower lip shyly. "Well, yeah, he's... um, good-looking, I guess." Jungkook said.

"Just good-looking? Come on Kookie, details!" Jimin asked with a smirk. "Okay, fine. He's... he's really handsome." Jungkook said with a shy smile.

"Oh my god! You are blushing already!" Jimin and start laughing. "Ahh don't laugh." Jungkook whined while hiding his face with one hand. Jimin's laugh suddenly stopped when he noticed something.

"You didn't had this ring in your finger before. Are you.. OH MY GOD!" Jimin yelled in excitement. "Aishh, don't yell, you are not letting me speak. Now keep quiet and let me tell you everything." Jungkook said in a bit scolding manner. Jimin pursed his lips and nodded.

"Everything went well. They liked me and Eomma Appa also liked Taehyung-shi and also we both don't have any problem with the marriage. So, Mrs. Kim said that she wants to do a little engagement ceremony." Jungkook explained everything.

"So it's means you are engaged, right?" Jimin asked with an innocent face. "Yes dumbo." Jungkook said and smiled.

"O.M.G!! Congratulations, Kookieee!! My bestie is engaged, my bestie is engaged." Jimin start chanting while jumping on the bed. Jungkook giggled seeing his reaction.

"You are blushing while telling me, and I'm hundred and ten percent sure that you must have been a blushing mess when both of you exchanged rings." Jimin said and laughed.

"S-shut up!" Jungkook said with a pout. "When your time comes then I'll see you, how blushing mess you will be." Jungkook added. "Yeah, yeah, whatever." Jimin said.

"Mm.. minie?" Jungkook said with a little shy smile. Jimin looked at him suspiciously and hummed. "I showed him around the house and we also talked alone in my room." Jungkook said while bitting his inner cheeks to stop himself from smiling widely.

"Really!? What did you both talked?" Jimin asked with a wide smile.

"He was nice and talked really softly and sweetly. He asked me if I'm ok with this marriage. I was so nervous so he told me to calm down. You know minie, Before going home he wished me good night." Jungkook said while a pretty smile was on his face and his eyes was sparkling.

Jimin smiled admiring his expressions. He felt happy coz why not.. his bestie is happy. "Awww... Look at you already so impressed." Jimin said while wiggling his eyebrows.

"I'm just saying he is nice." Jungkook said, trying to cover. "I know, I know." Jimin said, nodding his head with a teasing smile.

"There is so much to tell you, but I don't know where to start." Jungkook whined with a pout. Jimin chuckled. Suddenly, Jungkook's face became a little gloomy.

"What happened?" Jimin asked softly. "They all decided that the marriage will be in 3 weeks." Jungkook said in low voice. Jimin's eyes widened.

"This... this is soon," Jungkook said with a sad pout, softening Jimin's expressions. "hey, it's ok. Don't be sad, Kookie." Jimin said softly and Jungkook smiled a little.

"Did you feel any sparks, Kookie?" jimin said teasingly and Jungkook's blush deepens.

"I don't know, Jimin. It was just one meeting, but I got positive and good vibes from him. He was nice and all but I'm nervous because everything is happening really fastly and I'm still trying to wrap my head around this whole arranged marriage thing. Until yesterday, my life was completely normal, with no talk of marriage or anything like that, and suddenly I got engaged. It's not that I'm not happy. I am happy. They all seemed very nice and sweet. I'm just afraid that I might not be able to handle this responsibility. I'm afraid I may not be able to become a good husband." Jungkook said softly. Jimin's teasing expression softens.

"I get it, kook. It's a big step, but you're strong, my champ. I'm with you and always will be and I know you'll handle it well. Just don't take stress okay. We all are with you. I know you'll be a great husband, I believe you. Everything will go well and I'm always here by your side for your support and encouragement. " Jimin said supportively and Jungkook smiles, feeling a bit more at ease.

"And hey, who knows, maybe you'll find more than just good looks in this marriage, huh huh?" Jimin said with a playful grin. Jungkook smiled and shooked his head at his bestie's antics.

He knows that now Jimin won't let go of any opportunity to tease him, but he knows that he also enjoys his teasing and playful behavior.

"So as you are engaged. When are you giving me treat?" Jimin asked with a mischief smile. "Mm.. how about tomorrow?" Jungkook asked while smiling.

"Great! At our favorite restaurant." Jimin said excitedly. Jungkook nodded and giggled seeing jimin's excitement.

"We will go for jogging in the morning and also have coffee in nearby cafe. okay." Jimin suggested. "Done, tomorrow morning at 6am." Jungkook said. "Yup!"

"So we should now as we have to wake up early." Jimin said and yawned. "Yeah, we should." Jungkook said.

They whished each other good night and cut the call. Jungkook placed his phone on the night stand. He went towards washroom and changed his clothes into casuals. He did his night routine and went to bed.

Jungkook laid on the bed, cocooned himself in a cozy comforter. He hugged a pillow with a joyful smile on his face. His thoughts were filled with certain someone who had recently walked his life and had taken over his mind.

Jungkook brought his left hand up and looked at the ring with a beautiful smile. His mind replayed the moment when taehyung slide the ring in his finger. Taehyung was holding his hand very gently and delicately, as if it's a fragile piece of glass.

Jungkook caresses the ring with his thumb and sighed happily. He closed his eyes ready to sleep and slowly sleep engulfed him in his embrace. He was snoring softly unaware of the fact that someone who is now his fiànce also thinking about him while smiling like an idiot.

__________________________________

[To be continued]

I hope you guys enjoyed reading this chapter 🌼✨

Don't forget to mention me how was the chapter.

Take care and stay safe lovelies.. see you guys in the next chapter❣️😚✨

_____________________