I Hate Suprises

CHAPTER 7*

(LILLIAN'S P.O.V.)

We were going over the days agenda when my phone rang. I looked at it and it was the hospital. My heart dropped as the boss nodded at me.I answered it as I walked out of the room.

"Hello?" I ask

"Lillian, this is Dr . Mansfield. We found an increase in size on your father's brain tumor. He won't make it the rest of the day. He's asking for you, and I suggest you take him home for the last few hours," my father's doctor informs me.

"Okay, I'll be there as soon as I can," I reply and hang up. I walk back into the breifing room, and whisper to Greg what's happened.

"Go, but keep your uniform on just in case," he says. I walk out of the building, and drive to the hospital. I walk up to my fathers room, and see that he's ready to go home.

"Hey dad," I say walking over to him.

"Lillian," he says smiling. I grab his bag, and we make our way to my truck, Violet giving me a sympathetic smile on the way out. We drive home, and go inside. I help him to his room, and get him into bed.

"Stay here, I'll get you something to eat," I say squeezing his hand before going to the kitchen. I fix him some soup, and we spend the next few hours talking.

"I'll be right back," I say getting up to go get the mail.

(SPIKE'S P.O.V.)

Lillian came in and whispered something to Greg, and left with tears in her eyes.

"What's up with Lil boss?" Ed asks.

"Her father is dying, and today's his last day," Sarge tells us, and we fall silent. We go through the rest of the day as planned when Winnie calls for the boss.

"Hey boss, come listen to this!" She yells and we all go over as she puts it on 'speaker'.

"A bomb will go off at two hundred and four Windeyer Lane in thirty minutes," a monotone voice says. Sarge picked up the phone.

"Who is this?" Sarge asks, but the message played over again.

"Prerecorded," Ed says.

"But why does that address sound familiar?" Sam asks as we head down to the trucks, then it hit me.

"That's Lillian's address," Jules says as the team mutters angerly.

"Winnie, we'll need EMS, the fire department, bomb squad all of them," Sarge says.

"I'm calling her phone but she won't pick up?" Jules says which worry in her voice. Come on Lil, answer the phone! We almost get to her house when it exploded. We all get out of the SUVs', and Jules is crying. Sam walks off mad, Ed stares at the burning building, and Sarge is holding Jules. Me, I'm leaning against the truck, tears slowly slipping down my face. We lost another team member to another bomb. The paramedics look through the yard as the fire department puts out the fire.

"Get the gurney, " one parametic yells, and we all look curiously in that direction. We see them lift a body off the ground, it's Lil. They roll the gurney over to the ambulance, and I see Lil sit up as the medic looks over her.

"Guys, guys look," I say pointing at the ambulance.

"Oh my god!" Jules says running over to Lillian, who is now standing.

"Are you okay?" Jules asks as we walk over. We hug her tightly, thankful she's alive.

"Luckily she had on all her gear, it saved her life. She has a few abrasions on her arms, legs, and face," one medic informs us.