Perfect Storm

CHAPTER 11* 

(LILLIAN'S P.O.V.)

After I got dressed at this ungodly hour of the morning, I head to work picking up breakfast for everyone on the way. I moved into my house last night with the help of my fellow colleagues on Team One, and as promised I cooked for them. 

"Morning Winnie," I say handing her her breakfast.

"Oh Lillian, you're my new favorite," she says taking her stuff. I laugh and walk to the locker room. 

"Jules might be in the guys locker room," Winnie says. I nod and head in that direction. 

"Morning," I say seeing all but Spike. 

"Thanks," Jules, and the others say taking their coffee and food. 

"Spike just got out of the shower, he's in the back," Sarge says.

"Okay," I reply, a blush creeping up my neck as I head back there. I see him in his work pants, and ear buds in. I walk up and take an ear bud out of his ear. 

"Sam," he starts but cuts off once he sees me. I giggle at the rather irritated and shirtless man that is my boyfriend. 

"Oh, hey I thought you were Sam," he says smiling. 

"So I noticed," I say handing him his breakfast. 

"For me?" he asks. I nod and he takes it, giving me a wet hug. But hey, I'm not complaining. I walk into the girls locker room to get dressed, and Jules is there drinking her coffee. 

"Hey," I say as she gives me a look. 

"What?" I ask confused. 

"What's up with you and Spike?" she asks. 

"I don't know, why?" I ask, hoping she doesn't know.

"You guys have gotten really close over the past week," she says  eyeing me suspiciously.  

"So have Ed and I," I reply shrugging. 

"No," she says smiling. My face flushes a deep red as I give her a curious look. 

"Are you two dating?" she asks. 

"I don't know what you're talking about," I reply, my face deepening in color. 

"You are!" she exclaims. 

"I never said that," I reply, my mouth forming a small grin. 

"But you never said you weren't," she retorts as we both laugh. 

"Fine, but if you keep this a secret. I won't tell about you and Mr. Late Night Visits," I say teasingly, referring to Sam. 

"How'd you..." but I cut her off. 

"You butt-dialed me last week," I reply laughing as she facepalms herself. 

"Let's go before they tease us about gossiping," I say as we head to workout in the locker room. As soon as we stepped out of the locker room, the alarm went off. 

"Team One hot call, gear up. Shots fired at Gateway High School," Winnie says. 

"Any injuries?" Ed asks as we race towards the high school. 

"None so far, the shooter was last seen in the third floor," Winnie replies. 

"Okay, we'll set up command post in the main office," Sarge says as we pull up. We all rush inside as more shots echo through the building. 

"Ed, Sam go up to the third floor. Try and locate the shooter, and any students that are in the halls get them into a classroom and safe," Sarge says as Spike and I look over floor plans and monitor cell phone chatter.