Dead Or Alive?

CHAPTER 18*

Previously in 'It Was Always You'
(Spike's p.o.v.)
"What's so funny Doc?" Sarge asks confused.

"Your girl's pregnant, " the Doc says, and we all laugh. I'm gonna be a dad!

(LILLIAN'S P.O.V.)

I could hear everything, but I couldn't open my eyes. I remember most things from when I was kidnapped to before the surgery. After that my mind goes blank. The guys and Jules came to see me. Jules told me how her and Sam had been, Ed told me how Sophie and Clark were, Sam told me how work had been with Spike back, Sarge just sat there, and I knew it was him by how he sighed.
Spike, he would come every day after shift. He spent most of his time here. One day he came, and he spoke like I wasn't in a coma.

Flashback

"Hey Lil, hope you're doing okay," he said, and let out a soft sigh. He held my hand, and layed his head next to me.

"We miss you at work," he told me.

"We're driving Jules nuts," he said and laughed.

End of flashback

God how I loved his laugh. It was rare these past few months, but it was music to my ears whenever I had the chance to hear it. I can picture his smile when he talks to me, and his hand never seemed to let go.

"Hey Lil, it's me," Spike says as he sits and immediately grabs ahold of my hand.

"You've been sleeping for three weeks now, and I miss your laugh. The way you smile, the way your nose scrunhes up when you're thinking," he says as something wet falls on my hand. Then I realize he's crying. I need to wake up, now. I slowly open my eyes, but close them quickly due to the brightness of the room. I open them again, and look at him. He has deep purple bags under his red puffy eyes. I reach up with my free hand and slowly wipe away a tear from his closed eye. He grabs it, as if to make sure he's not dreaming.

"Michelangelo Scarlatti, do you realize how much I love you," I say weakly. My voice hoarse from not speaking.He laughs and kisses me.

"I'll go get the doctor," he says kissing me before he leaves. The doctor comes in with a very happy looking Spike.

"Well Ms. Carson, you're awake," Doc says with a smile.

"Yeah," I reply sounding like a teenage boy going through puberty.

"We'll get you something to eat, we want to keep you two healthy," Doc says and walks away.

"Spike?" I ask as he rushes over.

"Yeah Lil," He replies, concern flashing through his eyes.

"What did he mean, you two?" I ask confused.

"How do I put this?" He asks himself, scratching the back of his neck.

"Just tell me," I say looking at him.

"Okay, well umm...you're pregnant," he says catiously.

"I'm pregnant?" I ask, making sure I heard him correctly. He nods, looking at me intently.

"I'm pregnant, I'm gonna be a mom, oh my god I'm a mom," I say smiling, tears running down my face.

"Yeah," he replies with a smile as he kisses my hand.

"You're the dad, oh my god Spike I'm sorry, I..." but he cuts me off.

"What're you sorry about, I love you, and our baby. I'm not leaving you," he says pulling a box out of his pocket.

"I had planned asking at a later date, but Lillian Rose Carson, will you do me the honor of being my wife?" He asks opening the box. I smile as more tears fall.

"Yeah," I reply as he catiously hugs me, putting the ring on my finger in the process. Applause can be heard from the doorway. We exchange glances, as we look up to see Jules and the guys.

"Hi," Jules says hugging me, and a nurse sets food on the table.

"Hey," I reply hugginng her, and the other three.

"Congrats Lil," Sarge says looking at me.

"Guess the cats out of the bag now, isn't it?" Spike asks earning a laugh from everyone.

"Yeah, it is," Ed replies.