02 Welcome, To The King's Guard

"I will show you that an angry kitten shouldn't be messed with," she said punching her brother in the face after they exchanged a few punches. Her brother stumbled backward several steps as the exhaustion was creeping into his body, he returned her to her ribcage at the same time she held his other arm and twisted it behind his back which dislocated his elbow bone.

"Fuck," the masked male cursed in pain.

"Don't say such words in front of an innocent girl like myself and there are no ladies available," she whispered in her brother's ears delivering another blow to his back. The king chuckled at the helpless look on the male's face but in the next second, he used the remaining strength in him to turn to his sister and throw her away. The king gapped at the way the masked male treated his blood sister.

His eyes moved to the slender figure who was now standing on the robe around the ring perfectly fine, she was ready for him. She suddenly shot forward, floating in the air, and landed a powerful punch to her brother's chest, knocking him to the floor as she landed on her feet. As the male released a groan the bell rang signaling the end of the fight.

The king watched as she quickly went to help her brother up. The cold look was replaced by an apologetic one which the masked male waved off with a chuckle. The king looked at the sibling with an unknown emotion which made Kelsey look at his furrowed brows. From the moment he told the king about the girl, he had been behaving strangely.

"I hope it isn't what I'm thinking," Kelsey thought with an internal sigh. He knows how much the king, his friend was suffering from being denied a mate by the goddess of the moon. The goddess cursed him when he was just eighteen, she took away his privilege of having a mate, the only thing that would keep him sane but then again, no one knows what the king did to be cursed by their goddess who was supposed to be the warmth in his life

The king no longer prays to the goddess, he no longer seeks her permission. He writes his destiny himself, he would rather believe in God than a goddess he hasn't seen his whole life. The king always finds comfort in praying to God rather than a goddess who was also created by someone else. Again, none of them could understand why but that was how he lived his life from the beginning of time.

"It's time for the king to choose his guard among the two warriors," the announcer said with a shaky breath. The fight has shocked him. He thought one of them would have died during the fight because of how fiercest the two masked warriors were. If the king were to take the two of them as his guard, he would be at an advantage against the enemies. That was what the announcer thought. All the females were quite ruthless but the girl's ruthlessness is top-notch.

"Whatever happens, never forget that I will always be there for you," the masked male said to the lady who gave a nod of understanding.

"Likewise," she replied gently as she turned to look at the king whose eyes were already on her. Her brows raised at how blatantly the king was staring at her.

"Why's the king staring like that?" The masked male asked his sister shifting uncomfortably under the King's intense gaze.

"I don't know. Maybe he's falling for you?" She teased. The silver-haired king shook his head after hearing their words. He stood up and started walking towards the ring He entered the ring facing the siblings who stood with their hands behind their backs. He was impressed with their fights. The females have potential but the girl has met his expectations.

"I must say, I'm pretty impressed, very impressed. I haven't seen something like this before. I don't take interest in such contests but when my beta mentioned a girl being among the fighters, my interest was sparked. I wanted to see what she got and you blew my mind. Plus from the cheers from the audience, I'm sure they agree with me," the king said with admiration in his tone. The crowd gasped hearing the praise of the king, no one had ever been praised and admired by the king before.