03 - Prophesy

"You look shocked," Alpha Azurah pointed with ease.

"Yeah. No one wants to be the King's Guard anymore because of the rumors surrounding me, especially the females, and the men who want to be, are just trying to show off," the king replied with a sigh.

"It's understandable. I mean, the younger generations always let rumors get to their heads too much. And most families don't want their children to be around someone they deem ruthless. People exaggerate everything and that's what your enemies want but it depends on how you turn things around," Alpha Azurah replied looking at the king who looked younger than his actual age.

"Yeah. It's true but I'm glad I've new guards thanks to you and your mate," the king said causing the couple to chuckle.

"Why is she still not developed?" The king asked with a serious expression. This is the actual reason he has called for them and they knew. The is a reason why he was a king.

"She's too powerful. She doesn't know how to control it when she's angry so we placed a spell on her which was requested by her other side," Alpha Azurah replied with the same serious expression as he stared at the king.

"Is it that serious?" The king asked quite shocked hearing this from the Alpha.

"More than serious, your majesty. She killed fifty rogues and injured twenty when we had an attack from them a year ago. She's the reason why they fear to temper with us," the Luna said as a matter of fact, leaving the king in shock and awe.

"So is this spell going to be on her forever?" He asked what was bothering his thoughts.

"No, when she meets her mate and they complete the mating process, he will help her to control it," the Alpha replied with a sigh of distress. The king's brows furrowed as he fought back a growl of dissatisfaction. "Goodness, what was that" he thought.

"Some males will lie to her about being her mates because they know about the...prophesy," the Alpha muttered which got the king's attention.

"What prophesy?" He asked confused while the couple gave each other a surprised look.

"You..you don't know about the prophecy?" the couple asked together, shock apparent in their tones.

"I don't know about any prophesy, I haven't heard," he replied honestly, looking at the couple with sincere gaze. The couple shifted in their seats before the Alpha got up and locked the door to the office before coming back to his seat. The king's brows shot up in silence question.

"There's an ancient prophecy of a girl being born. A girl who would come from the bloodline of an ancient multigrid couple whose race was annihilated during the war between vampires and faes. A war which drove our kinds and other kinds in.

The couple had a child at that time, they gave the child to their trusted guard and he escaped with the child. The couple died during the war. With the war coming to an end, everyone was at peace again but that was only a facade the enemy wanted. The guard's identity was a mystery and no one knows where he took the child.

He hid himself well until a couple of hundred years ago when a witch said a child would be born, she wields the power of the ancient couple. She would help the supernatural beings to restore peace. She's what the enemy wouldn't expect," the Alpha explained seriously. The king sat in shock, he had heard of that history before but not the prophesy.

"Are you saying she's.... the one?" The king asked, surprised that someone so valuable would be in his palace.

"Yes, Your Majesty. My daughter is the one. We're from that bloodline and she's the most powerful among us. My whole family has been very protective of her ever since she was born and when she said she wanted to be the king's guard, we all agreed because only with you could she be safe and sound. And since her brother wanted to be your guard too, it was a win-win," the Alpha replied drumming his fingers on the table. The king released a shocked breath. He just couldn't gather his thoughts but that wasn't all, he could see that the couple was holding something else back.