05 - Past

"Let's go," he said turning to look at his female guard who burrows furrowed at his words in confusion. He knows she is reluctant to follow him because she didn't want him to see her identity yet and he wouldn't force her.

"My King....I know, we will share this one," he interrupted her as he grabbed her hand and pulled her with him through the leaving room and into the dark garden. The moment they left, the park members started giggling and laughing.

"The king really doesn't know how to ask a lady out" was their thoughts. They all wanted the king to find his true mate but there was a prophesy which said he would never have a mate because of his past sins but the pack members didn't believe that nonsense. A clearing of throat stopped everyone from their laughing fit.

"What are you guys laughing at?" Kelsey asked with raised brows.

"Nothing. Actually we're just happy," a brunette answered with a chuckle. Kelsey brows furrowed in thought, trying to figure out what could probably be making them happy. As far as he knows no one has ever been happy ever since Esabella came to the pack a year ago but now they were suddenly laughing like nothing happened a year ago. Esabella has been a thorn in everyone's flesh. She has been controlling things behind their King, ordering pack members around and punishing them for the slightest mistakes they makes.

"The thing is, the King just packed food on one plate and grabbed his female guard with him," a male replied with a chuckle. Kelsey's jaw almost hit the floor after hearing the words from the brown haired warrior. After a while, he snapped out of it and grinned. He has to do something that will drag that woman out of his friends life.

"Bring your beards together," Kelsey said and everyone complied immediately. He whispered some few sentences to them for ten good minutes.

"Rest assured that we will do it," someone said after Kelsey was done talking.

"Good. This is for our own good. Don't forget that," he said before packing up some foods on two plates and walking away. Kelsey and the male guard were getting along very well and for what reason? No one knows yet.

"""""" Meanwhile, In The Garden """"""

The king placed the tray of food onto the chair before taking a blanket from the shelf that was made on the wall. He spread the blanket and took of his flip-flops before setting the tray in the middle of it. He sat down before noticing she hasn't moved.

"Hey, come sit down and let's eat. The food is losing it's warmth," he said stretching his hand and tagging at hers. She quickly took off her slippers and sat down. They started eating in comfortable silence as she wonders why the king seem to get too close to her. Is not like she's complaining but she's just wondering but remembering that lady from earlier, her protective instincts kicked in.

Esabella isn't what she portrays to be in the life of the king and she has casted multiple spells on him without his notice but she didn't want to tell the king yet until she was sure who she was working with. The was no moon tonight, only stars which didn't reflect any light so she took of her mask and left her hoodie on and he was dying to know what she looks like. He couldn't also help wondering what she would look like in a dress. Although she was wearing sweatpants, he could make out her every curve.

After eating, they both sat side by side looking at the stars. So many thoughts were running through their heads and hearts but the silence was comfortable. The king doesn't remember how long he has felt this peaceful. His days and nights were never peaceful but this girl has this peaceful air around her that he couldn't help but relish in it. Her purple golden eyes always compels him.

"I'm Hamza," the king said breaking the silence, he averted his gaze from the sky and looked at her. Her face was hidden under her large hoodie with no mask as she took it off when they were about to eat. The girls chin was straight and sharp, her red lips were slightly parted. He gulped looking at them, how could a single woman envoke so many different feelings in him?. He just couldn't understand himself anymore.