Choosen

The sun soft rays reflected through the open curtains, on the figure of Kelshun who was soundly asleep, her hair was spread out on the white pillow which shone under the the soft glow of the golden sunrise. Her door creak opened as her brother walked in with his mask on. His raven hair was messy, probably the benefit of turning too much in his sleep.

He sat beside his sister and run his fingers through her hair with a worried sigh, the choose should have happened few weeks back but it was prouspond because of how busy everyone has been. But today is the day, he wonders if the man she would choose be like her previous mate.

"You worry to much, bro" a sleepy tone sounded, interrupting his thoughts, he sighed looking at his sister who sat up, rubbing her eyes, which was very adorable, she has slept with her mask on since Hamza was the one who brought her in.

"Good morning to you too" her brother said with sarcasm heavy in his voice causing the girl to let out a laugh.

"Good morning, brother" the girl said jokingly, throwing off her duvet and hoping off the bed."I know what day it is but don't worry, everything will be okay" she said with an assuring look.

"If you say so my lady" the young man replied, laying the bedsheets well while she walked into the bathroom. After making sure her bed didn't appear messy he left. Kelshun went to Hamza's office with a tray of breakfast after having her bath. Entering the office, she saw the man working behind his desk, she set the breakfast down on the desk whiles greeting him;

"Good morning" she said.

"Good morning" he responded not looking up.

"please, have your breakfast before continuing your work, my king" she said pushing a plate of food towards him. Hamza let out a sigh as he pushed his large laptop aside and started in silence. After the king ate, she packed up the plates and glasses onto the tray.

"I will take the lead, my mom called for me" she informed him softly making the king looked up at her immediately. His heart pounding in his chest, as if it could jump out any moment. His heart clentched in nervousness as reality dawn on him. Tonight was the chosen and he was here working his ass off when he has a lot to worry about. "Okay, take care and call me if you need anything" he said after starring at her for what seems like forever.

"Yes, my king" she said before walking out while he sat there, looking at her disappearing figure longingly. He have to do everything in his power to get her, he couldn't afford to loose her. He quickly sort out the rest of the files and exited his office. He descended the stairs in a hurry, not knowing why he chose them instead of the elevator.

The night was still young, it was just five thirty in the evening, in the middle of an emerald woods lies a town, a castle like house was located on the south of the town, inside the building was a ballroom which was decorated with very beautiful and delicate ornaments, round tables were set with five chairs around them each. People dressed in all kinds of elegant attires started walking in and taking their seats. Everyone knows what was supposed to happen tonight. This was normal, when your mate dies, your parents can arrange a ceremony for you to choose so it wasn't something shocking.

As the guests settled into their seats, the atmosphere in the ballroom became filled with anticipation. Kelshun stood at the entrance, clad in a gorgeous red gown that hugged her figure and flowed elegantly to the floor. Her hair was styled in an intricate updo, adorned with small pearls and flowers that matched the colors of the curtains she woke up to earlier that morning.

Her brother stood by her side, dressed in a tailored suit that accentuated his tall and muscular frame. The worry that had weighed heavily on him earlier was now replaced by a determination to protect his sister and ensure she found happiness in her chosen mate.