4. Some feelings

Siddhant's POV

It's 8am. I am all ready to attend the introductory lecture but I am waiting for Aarav as he's not ready yet, as usual. I couldn't sleep properly because of 2 reasons. First being the change of place and second was the airport girl. The entire night, I was thinking about her. Why does she have so much effect on me? I can't wait to see her again.

Aarav finally got ready and we left our room. Aarav wanted to have breakfast first but I denied as I was dying to see her again. We made our way towards the classroom and took our seats. I looked around but she wasn't here yet. After a few minutes, the professor entered but she was still not here. Where is she? She's coming or not?

The professor was saying something but I was lost in my thoughts. In her thoughts actually. My chain of thoughts broke as someone entered the class. Finally! She's here. The sweatshirt that she was wearing looks cute on her. She entered the class with two of her friends and took the empty seat.

The professor introduced himself and then one by one everyone started introducing themselves. Even I introduced myself and I was impatiently waiting for her introduction. I was dying to know her name.

Finally she stood up and started her introduction. "Hello everyone, I'm Siya Dutta. I'm from Mumbai and it's my biggest dream to study Aeronautics at IIT. I am a huge cricket fan and I love reading novels. I love painting and most importantly, I love to eat different sorts of food items. I've also tried to cook various dishes but I failed miserably. Once, I almost set our kitchen on fire." She said and everyone chuckled and her expressions changed. Maybe she was embarrassed. But she looks cute. The professor asked her about her reading preferences and she replied,"Umm, I read romance novels."
Everyone chuckled again and she sat down.

Siya. Such a beautiful name and she's just like her name. Beautiful.
Watching cricket, reading, painting and eating are her hobbies. Noted.

Soon, the introductory lecture ended and everyone started leaving. We were about to leave but I insisted on waiting for a while as I saw Siya chatting with other students. Aarav whined as he was hungry but he continued talking to the other guys.

Just then, Siya turned around. Our eyes met and she smiled at me but what I did was horrible. I panicked and looked away. Shit shit shit! She must've felt bad. I should've just smiled back. Ugh. After this, I don't think she'll ever try to talk to me again. She left with her friends and Aarav dragged me towards the canteen.

Aarav ordered for both of us and I was just sitting there feeling sad about what happened in the classroom. "You should've smiled at her instead of looking away. Now you'll keep thinking about her all the time just like yesterday." Aarav said as he took a sip of his coffee. I looked at him with wide eyes. "How do you know I was thinking about her?" I asked.

"C'mon bro, I've known you since we were in 5th grade. We've been bestfriends for 8 years. I can understand what's going on in your mind just by looking at you." He was right. We know each other better than anyone else does. Not even our parents or siblings know us the way we know each other and there's no point hiding anything from him.

"But now what should I do? She must have felt bad." I said. "Hmm, do one thing. Whenever she looks at you, just smile at her. Maybe she'll forget about today's incident. Eventually, you guys will start talking, fall in love, date and then get married." He said and I choked on my drink. I looked at him in disbelief. "Aarav, calm down. Nothing like that is gonna happen. I'm not sure about my feelings yet and I don't think anything like that will ever happen." I said taking another sip of my coffee.

"By the way you look at her, I'm sure it's something. Believe it or not, you are already in love. You are just denying that fact. But I ship you guys! I'm damn sure, you guys will definitely be a thing in future. I can bet on that." He said and I was lost in my thoughts again.

She's beautiful and anyone would fall in love with her. Maybe I'm in love with her. But what if she doesn't feel anything for me? I don't want my first ever love to remain one-sided. God, Siya is going to be the death of me......

Hello readers,
Here comes the update.
I hope you like it and please vote.
Next update will be on Tuesday.
Till then,
Take care🤍