5. Jealous

Siya's POV

It was the official first day of college and I was sitting in the classroom. I was wearing a powder blue colour kurti as kurtis are very much comfortable. I was excited as I had always dreamt of studying at IIT. Swati and I reached the classroom 15 minutes before the lecture began. Soon Raghav joined us too.

After a few minutes, Siddhant entered with his friend Aarav. He looked at me but this time I looked away. To be honest, I felt bad when he looked away yesterday but it's not like I am ignoring him. I just feel that he's not interested and therefore, I am not gonna approach him and embarass myself again.

Soon the professor came and our lecture began. 2 hours later, our lecture got over and we headed towards the canteen. We placed our order and started chit chatting.

"How's your roommate? Did you face any problems in adjusting with him?" Swati asked casually.

"No I haven't faced any problems yet because my roommate hasn't even arrived yet. But he'll come soon I guess. God knows what kind of a person Kabir Rajput is. I just hope he's a nice guy." Raghav and replied and we just nodded.

We had our breakfast and I went towards the counter to pay the bill. As I was searching for my wallet in my bagpack, a few things fell out of the bag. Before I could pick them up, someone else picked them up and handed them to me. It was Siddhant.

I smiled at him and said, "Thank you." He just nodded and left.
Does he not know how to smile?
Someone should teach him how to smile.

I was paying the bill and I felt someone's presence beside me. I turned to the side and I saw Aarav standing there.
"Hey! I'm Aarav. Siddhant's bestfriend." He introduced himself. He gave me a wide smile. I controlled my urge to ask him to teach his friend how to smile and introduced myself. "I'm Siya. Nice to meet you."

"Actually I just wanted to say that please don't mind Sid's behaviour. He's just shy and therefore he doesn't talk much."
Did he notice what happened yesterday? Shit. This is embarassing.
"It's alright. Some people don't like making new friends and I guess it's totally fine. So no problem." I said and gave him a smile.

"By the way, you have a pretty smile." He said and my smile just widened. "Thanks Aarav." I said and just then Raghav called out my name. "Sorry but I have to go now, I'll see you around. Bye." I said and he replied, "No problem. Bye."

After biding bye to Aarav, I went back towards Raghav and Swati. "We have a lecture after an hour? What to do?" I asked.
"Let's just explore the campus." Swati suggested and we agreed.

Siddhant's POV

We have our first lecture in 15 minutes but Aarav is still not ready. I woke up early and got ready. To be honest, I couldn't sleep properly. I'm eager to see Siya again today but this duffer friend of mine has other plans. Finally he got ready and we left.

We walked inside the classroom and I saw Siya talking with her friends. She looked pretty in the blue kurti. Blue is my favourite colour. I looked at her but she looked away. Is she mad at me? She must've felt bad yesterday. I was about to turn around and look at her again but the professor entered in the class. Soon the lecture began.

After 2 hours the lecture ended and I dragged Aarav with me towards the library. I  had to fill a form to get the student membership card. I completed the procedure and then we made our way towards the canteen.

As we entered the canteen, I saw Siya standing at the billing counter. She was searching for something in her bag. Unknowingly, I started walking towards her. I stood beside her and I was about to call out her name, some stuff from her bag fell down. I quickly bent down and picked her stuff and handed over to her.

She smiled at me and mumbled a 'thank you' but her smile is so contagious that my whole body just froze. I just nodded at her and left.
'This way, I'll never be able to talk to her', I thought to myself and took a seat.

I turned around to look at her once again but the sight was not at all pleasant for me. Aarav and Siya were talking to teach other and Siya was smiling widely. What was the joke? Is Aarav flirting with her? That bastard knows that I like her and still he's flirting with her. My blood started boiling.

Siya didn't notice me at all but Aarav looked at me with a smirk on his face. I'm gonna punch him so hard. Soon, Siya left the canteen with her friends and Aarav came towards me.

"Why the hell were you flirting with her?" I yelled at him.
"Chill Sid, I wasn't flirting with her. We were just talking." He said calmly.
"Why were you smiling so much?" I asked to which he replied, "Only you can smile thinking about her, is it? Are you jealous?" He caught me off guard.

"Bro, you're in love with her but still you avoid her. Don't do that. Talk to her before it's too late." Aarav said while sipping his coffee.

"What do you mean?" I asked and he kept his coffee mug back on the table.
"Siya is beautiful and friendly too. If you don't approach her first, someone else will. And you will regret missing the opportunities of talking to her if that happens. So just make the first move." He said and gave me an assuring smile. He was right. I should make a move before it's too late......

Hello readers!
Here's the new update.
What do you think about the story's pace and plot? Your suggestions are always welcome.
Comment your thoughts about Siya and Sid.
New chapter will be out on Friday.
Till then,
Take care🤍
And vote!