22. Traditional Day

Hello Readers!
Here's the update.
I literally could feel butterflies in my stomach while writing this.
Enjoy and don't forget to vote. 🤍

Author's POV

The campus was beaming with laughter, smiles and happiness as it was the most awaited day of the year. The Traditional Day.

Everyone was dressed up in traditional attires. The boys, Sid, Aarav and Raghav were already present in the campus, waiting for the girls to arrive. They were dressed up in kurtas. While Raghav was wearing an orange one, Sid and Aarav were dressed up in pink and light blue coloured kurtas respectively in order to twin with their girls.

Aarav already knew Swati was going to wear a light blue saree as she had video called Raghav to ask which saree was better- the light blue coloured or the red one. Raghav and Siya both agreed on the light blue saree and she bought it and thus, Aarav too, bought a kurta in the similar shade.

While Sid initially bought a white kurta, upon hearing Siya's conversation about pink earrings, he went back to the store and got his kurta exchanged. He wasn't a fan of pink colour but he badly wanted to twin with his girl.

Sid and Aarav were looking at the college gate, expecting Siya and Swati at any moment but the girls had other plans of making the boys wait.

"Guys, aa jayengi wo dono. You two don't make it obvious that you are dying to see them. And you guys look decent today. Wo dono toh flat ho jayengi," Raghav said and in return got glare from the two best friends who were too desperate to see their girls.

Raghav shrugged off his shoulders and indulged himself in small talks with the other classmates.

While on the other hand, Swati and Siya were struggling to wear the sarees. Swati was sitting on her knees doing Siya's pleats when she heard Siya saying, "The pallu is supposed to be on the left side right? Ye ulta kyu hai?"

Swati looked up and realised she had messed up.
"Jeans aur kurti pehente hai, after all, wo bhi toh traditionals hi hai," Siya said but quickly zipped her mouth when Swati glared at her.

Swati was hella determined to make Siya wear the saree while she herself was still in her loose shirt and shorts.

"What are you girls doing? Don't you want to go to college? Almost everyone left," they heard their warden say as she came to their room and saw the mess the girls had created. She understood what was happening there.

"You don't know how to wear a saree, right?" She asked and the girls nodded.

"C'mon, I'll help you. But first clean your room," the warden said and started picking up the stuff lying on the floor herself.

"I'll do it, you make her wear the saree," Swati said and quickly cleaned up the room while the warden helped Siya to wear her saree. Later she helped Swati and once it was done, they did light makeup and wore the accessories.

Siya decided to ditch all the other accessories and just wore the jhumkas given by Sid. She fastened the bracelet given by him on her right wrist and a watch on the left.

Once they were done, they thanked the warden and left not before side-hugging her.

"She's not that bad, afterall," Swati said to Siya and she nodded in agreement.

Soon, the girls reached the campus only to find Sid, Aarav and Raghav waiting at their usual spot.

They saw the boys and Siya's heart skipped a beat seeing Sid wearing a pink kurta similar to her saree.

'He looks devilishly handsome today with that body of a Greek God. I so wanna devote him,' she thought but pushed her unholy thoughts away before walking up to the boys.