18. A 'friendly' date

Siya's POV

It's 9:30 am and I am waiting for Sid in front of the college gate. Today I'm sharp on time because if I got late today as well, he would again start with his silent treatment. He never fails to surprise me. One moment, he's all grumpy, the next moment he behaves like a kid and then he would turn into a caring man. What a man he is!

I woke up a bit early today to get ready on time. After yesterday's conversation, he texted me again and asked me to wear a kurti that is comfortable. I don't know where exactly he is taking me but I am super excited.

A few minutes passed by and then a man stopped his bike in front of me. He was wearing an orange shirt with his sleeves rolled up that gave an amazing view of his veins that were popping out. He took off his helmet and a 440 volt shock hit me.

The man in front of me was none other than Sid. But wait.....why is he on the bike? And whose bike is it?

I looked at the bike. The bike was marvellous. I don't know which bike exactly it is but it surely looked like one of those superbikes that Raghav showed me.

This man indeed loves surprising me and I don't complain about it.

"Sid, whose bike is it? Have you rented this bike? Why would you do that? It looks expensive. And where are you taking me? Are we going on this bike? Why are you quiet? Tell me right now," I asked him hurriedly.

"Calm down woman, let me speak now." He said and I opened my mouth to argue again but then decided to shut up and let him explain.

"I haven't rented this bike. This is my bike. I was saving my pocket money to buy this bike one day as it was my dream bike but my parents gifted it to me on my 18th birthday. And I brought it here with me as it is convenient to travel by a bike." He explained and I nodded in understanding.

"And about the place that we are going, you will find that out in a bit. Ab chalein? We are getting late for our date." He asked and my eyes widened in surprise.

"Date?" I asked to confirm and he had a look as if he said something really wrong to me.

"I meant, our first date as friends. A 'friendly' date." He clarified and I nodded saying, "Okay then, let's go."

"And you are late today? So you deserve a punishment." I said and he replied, "I'll do whatever you say."

"By the way, you look pretty in this orange kurti. Suits you," He said while wearing his helmet and my cheeks slightly turned pink.

"Thank you so much, you look good too. Orange suits you too," I said hopping onto the bike and he started the bike.

'He's a smooth and safe driver,' I thought but the next moment he pulled the brake and I collided into his back.

I take my words back.

"Aaram se Sid, mujhe single piece mein wapis jaana hai," I said and to which he replied, "I am sorry. Look, there's a small kitten that is crossing the road. I didn't want to hit it so I pulled the brake."

I looked at that kitten and nodded. I really appreciate when people care about the animals.

"Hold onto my arm." He said and I grabbed his arm.

Damn, this man has really strong biceps. He probably goes to the gym.

"Do you go to the gym?" I asked out of curiosity.

"Yes, our college has a gym too. I workout in the morning." He said and I nodded.

After a few minutes he stopped the bike and I looked around. We are at a........gurudwara.