Chapter 21: Riddles

Like last year, the school continued like normal. Percilla was surprised how the professors could revert to stressing about OWLs and NEWTs after they closed the school a few weeks ago. Percilla was ready for the school term to end, even if she was going back to the burrow. After nearly surviving an attack by her sister with help from the Dark Lord, everyone kept staring at her. Percilla pretended she didn't hear the rumors flying around the school about her. No one had approached her about the situation, and everyone was careful not to say anything offensive in front of Marcus or the other Slytherins.

Marcus had become more protective of Percilla than before. Almost dying in front of your betrothed made one on edge. Percilla knew he was only doing it because he cared, but it was getting a little obnoxious with the amount of Slytherins walking her to and from classes each day.

"Adrian, I know how to get to History of Magic," Percilla groaned as she walked beside the smirking boy.

"I do, but I also know that the house of Flint is merciless when it comes to torture."

The way Adrian spoke of that so flippantly caused a shiver to cast down Percillas spine. Choosing to ignore the statement, Percilla proceeded down the hall, stopping when she noticed a group of girls in Blue and Bronze laughing hysterically.

Straightening her spine, Percilla stood beside the third year's, "what is going on here?" she asked in her best Prefect voice, causing the laughter to halt. "Miss Chang? Care to explain why a member of your house is currently on the ground?"

The girl in question, a pretty girl of Chinese descent, turned to face her. Percilla had heard of Miss Chang as opposed to really knowing her. However, by the look of annoyance, the rumors of the third year's attitude would seem correct.

While the girls tried to defend themselves, the girl curled up on the floor was all Percilla cared to see. Suppressing the need to roll her eyes as another Ravenclaw girl explained how they were helping the first year. Percilla needed to be impartial during prefect duties.

"This is not the first time you've been caught bullying another student Miss Chang. 5 points from each student, and I will be telling Professor Flitwick about this incident." Percilla glared at each student with disappointment before she crossed her arms, raising her head slightly to put her nose in the air. "I suggest you go to class before more points get deducted from Ravenclaw."

Percilla watched as each girl grumbled and whined, but they did not try to attack. They were probably afraid of the guard dog Heir Pucey standing behind her. Once they had cleared out, Percilla got down on her knees to see to the hurt girl.

"Hello, I'm Percilla Weasley Gryffindor Prefect. Are you injured? Do we need to go to the hospital wing?" Percilla tried but was not getting much response from the young girl who had her hands up and over her head like a shield. "Can you tell me your name?" Percilla tried whispering the request.

"Luna Lovegood," the whisper returned, causing Percilla to perk slightly.

"It's nice to meet you, Heiress Lovegood. Can you look at me so I can see if you have any injuries?" the girl in question just shook her head. "Can you tell me why?"

"They tore my braid down. I can't find my comb."

The whisper came out as almost a cry which pulled at Percillas heart. Percilla did not know Heiress Lovegood, she was a pureblood witch from a less prominent family, but they were still from the scared 28. So it was surprising that others from her house had been bullying her. Percilla released the breath she unconsciously held in as she formulated a plan.

"Adrian turn around," Percilla said softly, and she pulled out her wand. Sending a quiet Accio and smiled when the hair comb she had purchased at the beginning of the year landed in her hand. "Heiress Lovegood, you can borrow one of my hair combs if you would like. Once you're done, we can allow Heir Pucey to walk us to class before we become too late," Percilla smiled, encouraging.