Chapter 22: Love

Percilla was more upset with the end of the school year than last. Her mind kept slipping to Marcus as she packed her clothes in her trunk, ensuring they were neat and secure. Percilla was worried about the Summer. Bill and Lord Flint had reviewed their Bonding contract and declared they would marry on Percillas 17th name day. While that was only three months away, Percilla was worried. She would go home to the Burrow for the time being. What if her parents stopped her? What if her Mum would not let her leave to get bonded?

Percilla felt sick as she worried. Molly Weasley had not reached out or spoken to Percilla since their fight in the hospital wing. The slap had hurt, but her pride had also been shattered. To have her own Mum yell at her like that was heartbreaking. Percilla was not new to Molly's rants. She was a yeller and a shouter when she was mad. Percilla had tried hard as a child never to anger her mother. As a budding adult, Percilla knew she would have to crush the dream of Molly being proud of her. It was a strange feeling. She wanted to hate her mother, and Percilla wanted to hate the woman who seemed only to see her as an extra set of hands to help out. It hurt that she didn't. She felt sorry for her Mum. Percilla felt like a fool for still caring.

Percilla looked around at the sixth-year girls' dorm. Next year she would be in her final year, and it was sad how this place had become her home like so many others. However, Percilla knew that she would be going to a new home after her seventh year. Her seventeenth name day was in August, which was too close to the beginning of the school year for her to spend much time at the Flint manor to call it home.

Percilla spent much of her time daydreaming of what the manor might look like. The Flints were an affluent family. A great deal of food and resources came from farmlands that were owned and operated under the Flint House. The name meant something in wizarding England.

A little pecking caused Percilla to look towards the window drowning out her daydreams. An owl hovered, pecking the glass once more impatient as Percilla made her way to open the window. It didn't stay long as it dropped a package down by her knee and flew off. Percilla was curious as she pulled the champagne-colored box up to inspect it. The creme bow held a letter that handed the Flint family seal, which made Percilla blush. Opening the letter, she could feel her whole face grow warm.

Cilla,

While you know that I am not the best with words, I hope that with this letter, I prove my deepest intentions. I present you with a beautiful, valuable gift that holds great significance. I hope you wear these today as we let all of the Wixen world know of our betrothal.

I knew you were the one for me from the moment we met. Your grace, intelligence, and kind heart have captured my heart, and I cannot imagine spending the rest of my life without you. My gift for you is not just any ordinary present but a token of my devotion. It represents the depth of my commitment to you and the promise to love and cherish you for the rest of my life.

Forever yours,

Marcus Erebus Flint
The Victorious and Most Ancient House of Flint
One house. One Family.

Percilla felt herself tear up as she reread the letter from Marcus. It was beautiful and sweet. While it was not something that Marcus would say out loud, it was incredible to read his thoughts about her and their upcoming marriage. Removing the silk ribbon, Percilla gasped as she pulled the package lid. A beautiful set sat on a velvet cushion, including a necklace, bracelet, and comb.

Percilla reached out to touch one of the creme pearls clustered around an emerald. Each piece was set in gold and held such brilliance. Percilla felt slightly embarrassed as the thought of Marcus spoiling her crossed her mind. She pulled out the comb with shaking fingers before changing the one she had in her hair. Both had come from Marcus. However, the ancestral one that she held would always be her favorite. She was so upset when she woke up from her attack to find out that her comb had come out when she was stunned.