𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

ꨄ

dave and amara'a story actually begins when they were only 5 years old and amara's parents took her to visit london. whilst staying there, her father happened to run in into an old friend of his, arjun singh, and as the two caught up their daughters formed a lifelong friendship.

however as one relationship blossomed another wilted, this said relationship was between the young dave and amara. at this point in time amara had only known the boy as ria's slightly annoying neighbour. that was until he was invited over to ria's house and not only separated the two girls but continuously left out amara.

of course she didn't take this lightly as her parents had always taught her to stand up for herself and brought this concern to his face and watched as he deflected and lied in an attempt to make himself seem better.

on that day amara had promised herself to never let herself be treated like that and had made the decision to strongly dislike ( hate ) the omergie boy.

of course she had no clue what fate had in stall for the two and hadn't known that they were to match each other perfectly. and, to their chagrin, they couldn't escape each other.

even as they met multiple times and as they grew older, amara's hatred for him bubbled and brewed as she now had no legitimate reason to dislike him but rather it was what she was used to it, and she found almost everything he did irritating. even if he were to breathe she would have an issue with it, and her friends were sure to have heard about it ( not that they liked this rant ).

as for dave he initially didn't warm to amara as his jealousy issues clouded his judgment. he couldn't stand the fact that ria and her brothers were so enamoured by amara and hooked by her incredibly captivating; it made him incredibly insecure and so he acted out in a rather childish manner.

what he didn't expect was for her to stand up for herself and hold a grudge for so long. he had assumed that as time had passed there would be no reason for her to hold a grudge for that long.

of course he was incredibly wrong. whilst he still didn't converse with her or interact with her much, he still had some level of dislike for her, though he assumed it was because she didn't like him first.

however he couldn't ignore how beautiful she was and how she grew even more beautiful as the years went on. oddly enough this happened to strengthen his distaste for her, rather than weaken it, as he wondered why someone so beautiful could be so cruel to him. ( what. an. idiot! )

even as they matured into adulthood, they still held on to their childish grudges, which proved counterproductive as they were both working within the entertainment industry and and had multiple mutual friends in and out of the industry.

the only time they were civil around each other was when they were both on the set of top boy, though even then they were still slightly frosty around each other. this isn't to say their rivalry and distaste wasn't entertaining, quite the opposite, their coworkers and friends often enjoyed to watch them go back and forth in their limited interactions.

that was until stormzy accidently added amara's number onto the boys group chat and dave and amara's life suddenly became a lot more entwined.

a message from becca

hey guysss guy y'all doing. sooo you know how i said i liked that guy....turns out i don't because i realised that i just don't get nervous around him so yeah set myself up othere ( he is still fit don't get me wrong just no feelings there ).

anyways how've you guys been i really want to chat with you guys more i haven't heard from you so let me know.

also please don't be dry we don't like silent readers so a comment or vote would be nice ( i sound so desperate 😭😭 )

anyways i'm really excited for this book as i'm used to writing one shots so this is definitely out of my league but i'm already enjoying it so far so yeah.

also i just want to say thanks to all my moots for getting me off my ass to write this and supporting me i acc love you all.

anyways take care of yourselves my loves and i'll update as soon as i can. bye love youuu 🤍

 bye love youuu 🤍