𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

ꨄ

𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗟 𝗟𝗜𝗙𝗘

location: amara and jasmine's flat- london

it had only been a few days since dave had texted amara and attempted to lift her spirits, and yet amara found herself thinking about him more often than she would like. these thoughts spanned from wanting to get to know him more to wanting to slap him ( yes she does find him that annoying ). however in her defence, she was on her period and had a dip in productivity, so she wasn't just thinking about him and ended up thinking deeply on a lot of topics and stressing herself over what seemed to be nothing ( she's literally known for this ).

especially with her twin sisters coming over, amara found herself incredibly anxious, and fretting over every small thing. obviously, this irritated her roommates as they often had to watch her freak outs, meltdowns and occasional panic attack, but this seemed even more intense than usual.

"hey guys, have you seen my other shoe?" amara questioned, her voice raising and quivering as she frantically searched around their apartment.

"i'm sorry we literally can't hear you over all the frantic ransacking." aaliyah stated, smiling sarcastically at amara before her sister smacked her head, causing her smile to drop.

"i said have you seen my other shoe?!" amara shouted at the younger girl.

"ok mars, you might wanna chill out and not yell at my little sister please," jasmine started apprehensively, "also your other shoe is in your hand."

"oh right. sorry liyah, sorry jas." amara mumbled bashfully, blushing and rubbing her arm.

"it's alright don't worry."

"it isn't. my ears still hurt."

"liyah shut up." jasmine cried, slapping the back of her sister's head yet again. she was aware of how stressed amara got whenever her family would come over to visit, so her sisters staying for a week was destined to stress her out. she knew amara was an easily wound up person and could stress herself over almost everything but there was something about her family coming over that sent her over the edge.

in jasmine's opinion, it was that amara always felt like she had to impress her family, even after she shot off and became incredibly famous, she still felt like she had to prove she was good enough to make her family proud. and that meant in every possible way: including having her life together. so, she would stress herself out over meaningless scenarios and try to make sure everything was clean and in tact to prove to her family that she was able to have her shit together.

"i'm sorry guys. i was stressed and i took it out on you. my bad."

"it's alright mari i was just joking." aaliyah murmured.