𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

ꨄ

𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗟 𝗟𝗜𝗙𝗘

location: at some bar-restaurant

"so...is mars coming?" dave asked oakley, trying to hide how hopeful he was; needless to say, it was futile.

"aww you excited to see her? you're down badd bro." oakley laughed, as he teasingly pulled at dave's cheeks, laughing harder at dave smacking them away.

"i'm not down bad. i like her but i'm not down bad." dave insisted, trying to convince oakley and himself.

"sure man. i mean i've seen you just smile at the thought of her. but yeah, you're definitely not down bad (!) and to answer your question, yes she is coming. ria said she was bringing mars and someone else. she wouldn't tell me who it was. said it was a surprise." oakley complained, running his hands over her face.

"so how is it being broken up with ria?"

"not gonna lie, it feels weird. i mean for a year and a half we were a unit and now we're not. i mean, it didn't end badly or anything but it still feels weird. and it's awkward cause we have the same friends. but she's been so chill about everything which just makes it so much easier." oakley admitted.

"i can't even imagine what it's like dating someone within the friend group. it makes everything so weird." dave muttered.

"i think you can imagine dating in the friend group, with the amount of times you've daydreamed about amara." oakley remarked, smirking slightly at dave's now bashful demeanour.

"...shut up man!" was all dave could manage to sputter out in response, frowning at oakley's chuckles.

their chatter quickly ceased as three woman entered the bar, making their way to the two, now silent, men. they only recognised two of the women making their way towards them: amara, to which dave grinned wildly towards, grateful he couldn't blush; and ria, who received a warm greeting from the two men. however, oakley and dave were still curious as to who this other woman was. they acknowledged that she was exceptionally beautiful, with light brown skin and short curly hair, that bounced with every step she took. she somehow looked familiar to them, but they couldn't place where.

however, all dave could focus on was amara. he felt as if he couldn't take his eyes off her, completely enamoured by her beauty. oakley, on the other hand, had fallen swiftly for the unknown woman, who was linking arms with amara and giggling, trailing behind ria.

"hey guys!" ria had cheered, greeting the two men in front of her, who were equally as cheerful in greeting her and giving their birthday wishes. she then introduced samira to them both, watching as oakley's eyes sparkled at the sight of her. although ria had no longer felt anything romantic towards oakley, her heart still ached slightly watching him look at samira the way he used to look at her.