S1, EP 8: New Dragon, Elma!

We start off late at night, and Ben is sitting in front of the TV. He has a packet of Mochi and and a soda sitting on the coffee table, and he's enjoying both as he relaxes on the couch.

Kanna suddenly walks into the room, with her hair down and wearing some light-yellow pajamas. She appears to be holding a slip of paper.

Kanna: "Papa." She sits next to Ben on the couch, handing him the paper. "Here."

Ben readjusts his glasses and reads the paper.

Ben: "A Bento lunch?"

Kanna: "Mhm." She says while nodding. "It's for next week. I've got a field trip."

Ben: "Oooh."

Kanna: "Make one please!"

Ben: "Sure. What kind of food would you like me to prepare?"

Before Kanna could answer, Tohru enters the conversation.

Tohru: "Don't worry about it, master. I can take care of it." She smiles while having her eyes closed. "Domestic creativity is kinda my thing."

For some reason, Ben feels agitated at this. He stands up and starts slowly approaching Tohru.

Ben: "Really? Is that so?"

Tohru: "Um, yeah!" Her eyes are still closed, and she holds out a fist. "I'm only the best there ever was."

Ben: "That's funny." He grabs Tohru's fist. "Because I'm much better than the best."

Tohru's face becomes serious. She opens her eyes and is no longer smiling.

Tohru: "Well, I'm better than even better than the best."

Ben: "Sure. That is, according to you." He forces Tohru's arm down. "So, not a very reliable source."

Their hands suddenly snap away from the other's, causing a loud crack in the air. There is a powerful aura in the air, and Tohru currently has a smug look on her face.

Tohru: "Care to prove your so called betterness, or are you scared?"

Ben: "Be careful, Tohru. You're pretty good." He stares at Tohru with a determined look. "But you're not that good."

Kanna just watches the altercation from the couch, and she is visibly nervous. Sweat drops are coming from Kanna's face, and her fists tighten.

Kanna: "Uh oh. An inciting incident."

=============================================================================================

Timeskip: Next Day

Ben and Tohru are currently standing across from each other, with the room around them set up like a cooking show competition. Cartoon drawings of fruits and veggies are on the walls. There's also different animals, all of them poking out of the grass that had also been painted on the wall. A fork and spoon, both with smiley faces, also decorate the room.

There's even a judges stand, and two separate cooking areas.

Ben & Tohru: 'It's on! Three rounds! Bento lunch competition!'

Adjacent to them, Lucoa, Fafnir, and Kanna are sitting at the judge's stand.

Ben: "I still can't believe you guys set up this whole competition for whoever would make Kanna's Bento."

The judges stare intently at the three, as Fafnir explains the rules.

Fafnir: "You'll each make three dishes: Salad, a main course, and a dessert. Use all your skills. Now, entertain me."