S1, EP 10: Troupe Dragon, On Stage!

Tohru and Kanna are currently walking through the shopping district, which is decorated with various Christian decorations. Kanna is absolute mesmerized by the beautiful decorations.

Tohru: "Christmas, huh? I do hate celebrating the birth of He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named's son, but I gotta say it sounds like a good time."

As she approaches a meat vendor, the man sitting on a stool greets her. The man is a bit overweight, and there's a cast on his left foot.

Mr. Tatsuta: "Torhu." He waves to Tohru. "Hey!"

Tohru: "Hey back!" She notices the cast on the man's leg. "Oh no! What happened to you?"

Mr. Tatsuta: "Unfortunately, I was practicing for the local retirement home's annual Christmas Eve show, but I ended up injuring myself."

Kanna has her face up against the class, looking at the meat.

Tohru: "You must feel so weak and flimsy."

Mr. Tatsuta: "Oh, I just remembered." He says while snapping his fingers. "I was wondering if you could put on the show in my stead?" Tohru is a bit confused. "The residents in the home were looking forward to the event, so I feel like I'm letting them down."

Tohru: "Put on a show? Are you serious?"

Mr. Tatsuta: "Of course! No one could represent our shopping district better than you!"

Tohru's mouth forms a smile from that.

Torhu: "Alright, we'll do it!" She says excitedly. "And don't worry, it'll be super!"

=============================================================================================

Timeskip: Later, At The Apartment

Tohru: "And so I'm totally gonna do it!"

Ben: "Seriously?" He is leaning back in the couch, Kanna sitting next to him and Tohru standing in front of him. "I never would've expected you to willingly do something like that."

Tohru: "I guess I'm just full of surprises!" She giggles. "Anyway, I wanted to ask if you could help out."

Ben: "Under normal circumstances, I would. However, there's a lot of work to be done. I should still be able to attend it, but I won't be able to help in the production." He sighs as he leans further back in the couch, with Kanna poking his cheek a bit. "Why won't my conscious just let me not care?"

Elma: "Because you're a good person, obviously." She enters the room, eating an orange. "That's why."

Tohru looks at Elma, slightly annoyed, before turning back to Ben.

Tohru: "Anywho, that's alright Master. Just concentrate on your work and leave everything to me!"

Ben: "If you say so." Kanna moves into Ben's lap, nuzzling her head in his chest. In response, Ben starts petting her head. "Do you have other people to help you with this? Are the other dragons going to help out?"

Elma: "I wouldn't mind helping. It sounds pretty fun." She eats the orange peel. "I-I mean, I would have to see if there's room in my schedule."

Tohru: "Fine, you can help too." She turns back to Ben and giggles while crossing her arms. "And to answer your question Master, I have already asked my reliable friends to help me."

=============================================================================================

Timeskip: The Next Day