Twenty-One

"Twinkle, twinkle, little star,"

Anastasia murmured gleefully as she watched the stars from her balcony.

The heavens were telling of the glorious God who kept her.

She was happy.

She was very happy.

Her parents no longer had control over her.

It was over.

She was free!

"Oh, to be free as the birds of the sky without a care,"

Her night dress lifted in the wind as she spun like a little girl.

She was happy.

"You have truly kept me. The cycle of being silenced ends here. I can't believe it," Her heart was fluttering. "You've strengthened me and I've faced my feelings for Austin, and my parents."

Austin

He was a gift.

"I'd like to thank You for guiding me to the man. I would've missed such a delightful man, it's strange to admit," She giggled at the thought of Austin and his weird ways.

She wouldn't dare to change him if she could.

He was perfect as is.

"There are still things I'm not ready for, but I know You won't push me." She paused and sat on her rocking chair. "I'm not ready to say goodbye when we've only just begun,"

The confession made her heart heavy.

It was something that couldn't be avoided, only put off for now.

She blew out a soft breath and hoped for a way Austin could stay.

She would miss him terribly.

"Anyway," It would be dismissed for now. "I do enjoy his company more than I can confess. The way he makes me feel, oh my, I like it. I can't believe I would've lived without this lovely feeling,"

He made her feel warm, precious, and light.

The sweetest sigh left her.

A dreamy sigh, she would confess.

She was still afraid to love him, but it was a hopeless fear.

Fear wouldn't stop the growing feelings of love that slowly crept into her heart.

Like a vine, it settled in her heart and would only grow.

She was fond of her sweetest friend, whom she agreed to be with.

"Austin,"

Her heart smiled.

It was strange, but it smiled.

She didn't know how, but if one took a closer look inside, they'd surely see the smile.

"Oh, it would be lovely to see him again," She bit her lip and thought of something they could do.

"A movie! We could watch," Her mind drew a blank.

Something long.

She wanted as much time with him as she could get.

Every time they were together, leaving him only grew more undesirable.

"The Princess Diaries! We could watch them both," The idea of a double feature with Austin made her flighty.

She smiled and winked at the sky.

God always gave her the sweetest ideas.

Anastasia: Hi! I'd love to have you over tomorrow afternoon to watch the Princess Diaries 1 and 2 with me. It would be a delight☺️