07-the homecoming hangover

"Thanks for getting Toby out of my way-A"

Rosewood, Pennsylvania 2010

"Em you do believe us?"I ask her. It's s the next morning after homecoming, Emily is a little hurt from last night accident but thankfully nothing really harmful happened. Me, Spencer, and Aria are in her bedroom, explaining it to her all that we found out last night.

"I do I just don't understand" Emily said.

"Look Em, I was with Ali when she had the conversation with Toby. He didn't denyied it" I explain.

Eventually Hannah showed up, complaining about having to keep on hiddig Toby's file. Aria told her to put in her locker that we enevtually would know what to do with it.

We said our goodbyes and left, Hannah at Emily's.

"Ava, you are back" My mom said, she was outside our house on the pourch reading some magazine with a mug of coffee.

"Yeah, I went to see Emily" I said, she moved from her seat making room for me to seat next to her.

"Is she okay?" My mom asked.

"Yeah, yeah. It wasn't something very harmful" I explain.

"Ava, I know someyhing is going on, that you aren't speaking with anyone, not even the girls. Sweetie what is bothering you so much?" My mom askes, she helds my hand in her own as she speeks.

"Nothing, nothing is bothering me" I lie.

"You are my daugher, I know  you" She said, how could she say something like this, when we both know it's not true.

"I just miss the old days. I like that we are closer to the Hastings now but we can't replaced them mom, I can't replace them" It was true, since the Dilaurentis left my family got closer to the Hastings, I liked it. But I can't continued pretending like I don't miss having them in our home. I miss the sunday's lunches and I miss hearing all day long our parent's talking about politics while we stay in the living room watching some really shitty film, where I pretend my attention is on but when in reality I am just admiring Jason from the corner of the couch.

Of couse I don't tell her that, I don't tell her anything.

"I do too sweetie" My mom says, hugging me closer to her. 

Moments like these don't really last, even before Ali went missing, my mom and I just stoped being close, our bond died away beofre I realized it did. I remmeber seeing my mom as my hero, she was everything to me and just like that she started to work late hours and doing mutiple cases at once. She would live in her office and the only moments we would spend together would be at sunday's lunches with the Dilaurentis, but even then she was more focused on her perfect son Brian.