Your Touch.

The sound of harsh rain and wind could not be concealed from inside the house.

Maeve focused on the sound as she tried her best to keep her eyes open.

Tom had given her some of his own clothes for her to change into, Maeve barely managed to get them on by herself. She was exhausted and her head was spinning. She ached for the moment she could close her eyes for the night. Yet here she sat as the edge of an unfamiliar bed, being forced by Tom to finish the glass of water.

Tom watched the girl closely. He had so many questions he wanted to ask, why was she drunk? Who was she with? His mind came up with all sorts of assumptions.

It was quiet between the two, not many words being exchanged. Maeve was too tired and Tom was too confused. He decided he would leave the questions for tomorrow.

"Can we go to bed now?"Maeve muttered.

Tom looked over at her, she looked cute in his clothes that were too big for her, with her lips in a pout and her eyes almost closed. Tom almost smiled Infront of her.
Shaking his head to get rid of those thoughts, Tom removed the glass from her hands and carefully placed it on the bedside table. Maeve took her que to get up from the bed as Tom pulled the covers down for her to get under. She stumbled a bit, her hand finding Tom's shoulder for support. Tom tried to ignore it and the feelings it caused. He took a deep breath to calm himself.

Clumsily, Maeve crawled under the covers. The room wasn't particularly warm. Her fingers caressed her bare arms to try warm them.

Tom looked away from her quickly as he stood from the bed.

Maeve frowned.
"You aren't staying with me?" Her voice was hoarse and tired.

Tom shook his head, "No. My room is at the end of the hall if you need anything." And with that Tom was gone.

"Oh." Maeve mumbled as she stared at the space he previously stood, disappointed.

Regardless, she still tried to find comfort in the cold bed. She twisted and turned her body in multiple positions, none of them comfortable. Eventually she gave up. She lay on her back staring up at the ceiling.

Tom, Tom, Tom, Tom, Tom.

He wouldn't leave her mind, he was all she thought about. It was so frustrating.

"Fuck!" Maeve cursed.

***

Tom lay on his back, staring hopelessly up at the ceiling. He focused on the sound of rain hitting his window and the thunder that followed. He had given up on sleep a while ago.

He couldn't stop thinking about her or the fact she was only a short distance away. In his home. Under his roof.

She was all he could think about.

Maeve, Maeve, Maeve, Maeve, Maeve.

"Fuck!" Tom cursed. He grew frustrated with himself.

He was an adult now, and still he thought about Maeve just as much as he did when he was a kid. Why couldn't he get over her? Why couldn't he find someone else? Why did it have to be her? The girl who always ends up leaving.

The anger he felt turned into exhaustion. His head was pounding and his eyes were becoming heavy.

Before he could register it, Tom was already drifting off to sleep. Maeve remained the primary though in his mind and the focus of his dream.

***

The bedroom became too cold to the point Maeve had to leave.

Tiredly she stumbled down the hallway, passing door after door until she got to the end of the hall.

Tom remained asleep when she opened his bedroom door. He remained asleep when she approached his bed and climbed in alongside him. Resting her back against his front, she found his room much warmer than the guest room. She barely registered what she was doing as she was half asleep.

Maeve rested her head on the pillow and almost instantly fell asleep. The chaos of the day finally catching up on her.

Tom's arms wrapped tightly around her waist, even when he was asleep, he pulled her body closer to his. His chin rested on her head as she was wrapped safely in his arms. He breathed in the smell of flowers that came from her hair.

He wasn't awake to process his actions, neither was Maeve. It was because of that the two remained in that position without feeling the need to create distance between them.

***

_______

Don't forget to vote 💙
_______