Ghost.

-  flash-back  -

She knew it was stupid to come here. Her thoughts were proven right when she seen her. In a white wedding gown. She looked absolutely beautiful.

Maeve watched from the distance.
She felt so dumb.

The evil part of her mind hoped something would happen, something she could say was a sign. That she could convince herself that he was supposed to end up with her.

Yet here she was, standing near the entrance of the church Tom and Rita were going to get married in.

It broke her heart when the invitation was delivered to her. She didn't want to believe it. It had been originally sent to Charlie, probably because Maeve hadn't been In contact with either of the twins in years for them to know where she was.

She watched in envy as Rita laughed and smiled in excitement. The doors had yet to be opened.

Maeve shouldn't be here.

She wanted Tom to be happy and she would only ruin their special day.

She felt her heart tug as she stepped back.
Her mind was screaming at her to not leave. To wait for a sign to stay. And if a sign was given to her, perhaps she would've stayed.

Hot, salty tears pooled in her eyes.

She watched as the double doors opened, the piano becoming clearer and louder.

Rita and her father began walking up the isle. That was when Maeve knew she had to leave. So she did.

________

Don't forget to vote!💙
_______