Surf'N

Chapter 6

REINA

"Okay, now so just like I showed you. You're going to use your arms to paddle out, NOT too far, okay, you're not a pro yet."

I laugh and roll my eyes. A few moments ago, I almost gave him a heart attack because I went too far out, and a huge wave knocked me off the board, sending me spiraling beneath it. I was fine, obviously, but Zenith didn't find it as funny as I did. But we've been out here for hours, and I'm tired of only surfing the small waves. At first it was fun because I wasn't used to it yet but now I can do them just fine so I want a challenge!

"You just need a small wave, and then you're going to turn around and stand up just like a showed you and ride it back in to shore, got it?"

"Oh, you mean just like I've been doing this whole time." I say sarcastically.

Zenith gives me a look.

"I got it this time, I promise." I smile at him, "you know you're extra cute when being protective."

He rolls his eyes at me, but I can see a faint blush on his cheeks.

"Like I showed you."

"Yeah, yeah, like you showed me."

I start paddling out a ways and keep going until I hear him yell that it's far enough. I paddle around, so I'm facing the beach, waiting for a small wave. As one comes, I paddle again, and when it's underneath me, I slowly do the pop-up maneuver Zenith showed me. I take my stance balancing and ride the wave back to shore. For the hundredth time.

"So she does listen."

Zenith walks up to me with his board under his arm.

"Ha ha, you're so funny."

"I know." He shakes his wet hair at me, and I shriek while laughing.

"You really are a natural at this, though."

"You think?" I ask.

"No, I know I've been watching you the whole time."

"Now look who's watching who."

"Yeah, yeah." He flicks water at my face.

"Stop doing that!"

"Doing what?" He flicks water at me again.

"That!" I yell at him and watch as his smile turns into one of mischief.

"I don't know what that is." I am hit with water again.

"Oh yeah!" I step up to him.

"Yeah." He sets his board down on shore and steps up to me.

"You wanna go?!"

"Bring it on, pretty lady!"

I go to shove him, and he bends down, grabbing me around my waist, and throws me over his shoulder.

"ZENITH PUT ME DOWN!"

I slap his back with my fists.

"YOU SAID YOU WANTED TO GO SO HERE WE GO!"

He runs further out into the water while I scream his name and laugh hysterically. He jumps forwards into the water, plunging us both underneath it. Now that he's let me go, I stand up in the waist deep water.

"You jerk!" I yell and throw myself at him, knocking him back down into the water as he's trying to stand up. He pulls me back down with him, and it's now turned into a splashing war.

"You cheated!" I yell as rounds of water splash me in the face.

"Cheated? How?" He yells back and stops splashing me.