Falling Slowly Pt. 2

Chapter 16

ZENITH

Reina and I walk along the beach hand in hand. Our bare feet sink into the wet sand. It is dark out now, so we have the beach all to ourselves. I look down at Reina as she gazes out at the ocean. She looks so content and peaceful. The way she had been looking at me with worry in her eyes is now gone. I told her everything about my past and she didn't judge me, she didn't blame me. Instead, she said that I am beautiful and good. After killing my father and being given up by my mother, I had never thought of myself as beautiful or good. Reina makes me want to be those things for her. Since asking her to be my girlfriend, all I have thought about is bettering myself for her, because I want to be deserving of someone like her. I will be deserving of her.

I lift my hand with hers still in it and make her do a little twirl.

She laughs, that beautiful laugh of hers, and faces me smiling up at me.

I lean down and give her two quick kisses on the lips that she smiles into.

"You really outdid yourself today, Zenith Macqueen."

"Only for you, Reina Kimberly Ann Smith."

She rolls her eyes and nudges me with her elbow at the mention of her full name. I'm pretty sure the only time she hears all four names is when she has gotten herself in trouble.

I wrap my arm around her shoulders, and she wraps her's around my waist.

"What are Kimberly and Ann for?" I ask as we presume walking.

"Kimberly is after my auntie on my mother's side, and Ann is my mother's middle name."

"What is your aunt like?"

"Xavier but worse." She laughs. "She used to babysit us while our parents worked. She is definitely at least ninety percent responsible for his personality."

We both laugh.

"Who is responsible for the ten percent then?"

"Our dad, for sure. The soft side of Xavier is from our dad."

"Tell me something I don't know about you."

Reina tilts her head and thinks about my question for a couple of minutes.

"I mean, I have pretty much told you my life's story already. I have been blessed to have had the life that I have." She hesitates, "but there is something you don't know."

She stops walking, and I look down at her.

"You remember when we first met, and you asked me if this starfish necklace was mine."

She touches the necklace around her neck.

"Well it isn't mine I just really wanted an excuse to keep talking to you so I lied and now I don't know if someone is out there looking for their dead boyfriends last gift or a family heirloom or-"

I burst out laughing, interrupting her rant. She looks at me, startled and confused. I laugh even harder.

"Zenith!" She slaps my arm, trying not to laugh as she watches me.

"I'm sorry, Reina." I start to calm down, and I place a kiss on her forehead. "You just made my night."

She laughs a little.

"It's not that funny!"

"No, what's funny is that you've been thinking it's someone's dead boyfriends last gift or a family heirloom. But really I bought it so I would have a reason to talk to you."

She stares open-mouthed at me for a moment and then starts playfully hitting me. I start to run, and she chases after me yelling.

"Zenith Macqueen, when I catch you, you're so done!"

"Better run faster then!" I yell back.

"This whole time, the necklace was from you, and I was stressing over nothing!"

"I'm sorry!"

I stop running, and she catches up to me, slapping me again a few times.

"I'm sorry!" I laugh.

"No, you're not." She pouts, then slaps me again.

"I am sorry, baby." I whisper as I pull her against me. She always gives in when I call her baby.

I move a curl out of her eyes as she stares up at me. I caress her cheek, and she closes her eyes for a moment.

"Reina." I whisper, and she opens them.

"I love you."

She smiles at me.

"I love you more." She replies, biting her bottom lip. Damn I love it when she does that.

I pull her bottom lip down with my thumb. She looks up at me expectantly. I lean down and press my lips onto hers. She sighs into our kiss. I slip my arm around the small of her back, pulling her up onto her tiptoes. She throws her arms around my neck. I deepen our kiss as I move my hands gently along her back. Her hand runs up the back of my neck and into my hair. Her touch gives me chills. No matter how many times I have ever kissed her, it is never enough. Even now, as our lips collide, I am already craving more of her.

. . .

I walk Reina to her door. It is eleven fifty-five pm. It's almost time for Cinderella to go inside.

We stop outside her door. She looks up at me and then reaches for my face. I lean down and place a kiss on her lips.

"Today was beyond perfect, Zen, thank you." She whispers against my lips.

"This is only the beginning, beautiful."

I kiss her nose and then wrap my arms around her waist, pulling her into a tight hug. She wraps her arms around my neck, and I stand up to my full height, making her feet come off the ground.

"We should go to the movies." She says while resting her arms over my shoulders as I hold her.

"And makeout at the back of the theater." I wink.

Her eyes widen, and she laughs.

"You're a bad boy."

I smile.

"Only for you."

"Only for me cause I'll beat a hoe."

"Is that so?"

We both laugh.

Reina stares into my eyes and then kisses me all over my face, causing me to smile uncontrollably.

"Okay, put me down, my prince. I must go before the magic wears off."

I smirk and reluctantly put her down.

She walks to her door and opens it, stepping inside. Before she closes it, she turns to me and whispers.

"FaceTime me because I'm not ready for today to be over."

I smile, and she closes the door.

A/N
Part 2 completed