Chapter Thirteen: 'Give me my sin again!'

Isis had always imagined her first kiss to be extremely romantic, happening just as the sun set, after the perfect day with a perfect boy, the sun streaking the sky orange and yellow and red as it disappeared beneath the hills. But, there, in the dingy, shabby, old room, Isis found that her first kiss was more wonderful than she’d ever imagined.

His lips brushed gently against her own, his hands cupping her face, then sliding back to delicately cradle her head. At first she was stiff in his arms, startled by what he was doing, but as his mouth continued to move against hers, she couldn’t help but respond.

Kael had to steel himself, holding back and controlling his hormones as his every instinct told him to plunge his tongue beneath her soft lips and make her feel the rush of emotions that he was feeling right now. Just this innocent kiss, just the feel of his lips on hers was enough for him right now.

In fact, it was far more sensual than any kiss he’d ever had before. And he had had more than the average amount of experience, that much he knew. He’d kissed girls ever since he was young, had passionate make outs involving the removal of clothing which then led to far more scandalous things… but never had he been so caught up in a kiss, or cared so much about what he was doing. He couldn’t imagine holding himself back for anyone else.

He didn’t know how long he kissed her for. The soft, warm feel of her lips brushing his was so intoxicating that he could have gone on and on and on, but all too soon, she broke the contact, looking up at him with wide blue eyes Kael thought he could quite easily get lost in.

For a few moments, they merely looked at each other, Kael unable to stop a smile from spreading across his face, Isis looking somewhat stunned by what had just happened.

Then, she  stumbled away from him, her knees suddenly seeming to have gained the stability of a newborn calf. Looking up at him with bewildered eyes which nearly sent him wild with a desire to kiss her once more, she let out a shuddery sigh.

The gentle, innocent taste of her was haunting him, lingering on his lips as if he still had her in his arms right now.

‘You didn’t mind that, did you?’ he asked. Her stomach performed flips. That mouth which had been just talking had previously touched her lips. It was fascinating, watching it form words when it had previously been moulded to her own mouth as if they’d always been pressed together like that, and they always would be.

She shook her head.

’Good,’ he murmured, reaching out to catch her waist. ’Do you want another?’

She looked at him, considering it. She’d just kissed him. And it was freaking amazing. She’d never realised kisses really were all that they were cracked up to be. She’d imagined them to be a disappointment, rather messy… but this was insane.

He looked back at her, smiling at the fact that he’d actually rendered her speechless. He hadn’t known her that long, but he’d known her long enough to realise that making her run out of words was quite some feat to achieve.

She shook her head again. ‘I don’t think… er. I’m not sure.’ She looked up at him, unable to believe that they were simply standing there, casually discussing whether or not to kiss again. She wanted to. But… there were a thousand reasons why she should just run out of the door: he was clearly a player, she hadn’t known him well, but aside from the fact that she was rather eager to capture his mouth with hers once more, the one thing hindering her escape via the door was the fact that Lydia had gone off with the key.