Chapter Nineteen: 'Love from love.'

So after that cliffhanger, what will happen now?!?! Hope you enjoy! thank you so much for your comments, it means the world. much love! <3

‘Funny coincidence that, isn’t it?’ murmured Isis, too nervous to think properly, babbling nonsense as she always did when flustered. ‘I can’t say I know any other Isis’s: it is quite an unusual name, not very many people have it, but it is getting more popular, I think, so you never know, you might have more choice in the future-’

‘Do you have any idea of how I feel about you, Isis?’ Kael choked, interrupting her.

Her babbling stopped short, and she froze. What? What?!

Rumpling his hair with one hand, he leant against the car, heavily. ‘I can’t carry on like this anymore, Isis. I… I can’t. You have… you need to know. Then you can throw whatever you like at me, smash me over the head with a bottle, whatever.’

‘But I-’ Isis didn’t know what she was attempting to say, but she felt she had to say something. It didn’t matter anyway, because Kael interrupted her.

‘Let me talk. I can’t tell you exactly, god knows I’m not very articulate, but… I don’t even think that these feelings can be put into words.’

‘You don’t have to say anything,‘ Isis told him. ‘I… I…‘ She was finding it hard to meet his gaze: it was smouldering.

He looked at her, and his expression said it all. Before she could even consider whether it would be a good idea or not, she was in his arms, and their lips were pressed together, his arms snaking around her waist and pulling her closer, finding there was absolutely no need for words at all.

Her fingertips worked their way through his hair, sending a little groan escaping from his lips. What was even the point of thinking about things when all these feelings could rush through you like they were rushing through him now, his back pressed to the side of his car, holding Isis tightly. All that mattered was that Isis was there, and that she never let him go.

Isis let pure instinct take over as she melted into Kael’s embrace. His strong arms kept her pressed against him, lifting her slightly off of the ground as the kiss deepened. She didn’t want to ever leave his arms. She didn’t want to ever stop the feelings that were sweeping through her now, as Kael’s tongue probed at her lips. She let it slide through without a second thought and gasped as he began flirting with her own tongue, twining them together and sending shivers throughout her body as the passion enveloped her.

She’d never imagined it was possible to feel the way that she felt now. She’d remembered that chaste little kiss countless times, going over it in her mind, but that was nothing, nothing at all compared to what it was like to be kissed in reality, let alone to be kissed like this. This was mind numbing, insanely powerful passion, passion that didn’t let her think at all, but instead, kept her focused entirely on Kael, her body thrilling at the electricity between them.

Eventually they surfaced for air, still holding each other tightly. It took a few seconds before the ringing in Isis’s ears calmed down enough to let her realise that they’d surfaced to a round of applause.

Glancing sharply to her left, her entire face turned bright red. Standing side by side, cheering uproariously, were Lydia and Xavier, looking absolutely delighted with the sight before them.

Isis hid her face into Kael’s shoulder, snuggling shyly against him. He put one hand on her hair, protectively, as the spectators awwed.

‘What’re you doing here?’ inquired Kael, still feeling slightly shell shocked after that kiss.