Chapter Twenty Nine: 'Deny thy father.'

A/N: Sorry for the delay my beautiful readers! I seem to have been a bit of a busy bee recently and updating slipped my mind! We're nearing the end now, but don't rest too easy, big things are up ahead.... no spoilers though of course ;) love to you all! hope you're having a lovely week xoxoxoxo

The next performance was just amazing as the first, Isis thought. The adrenaline and excitement of being onstage didn’t dim or fade at all, and she actually enjoyed it more the second time round. She’d been suffering from an attack of severe nerves just before she went on last time, it had all been rather surreal and scary, but now she felt like an old hand.

One of the most amazing things had to be doing it with Kael. He made everything so much fun; what with attempting to kiss him between scenes, and with giving her those proud, all consuming looks that made her feel as if she was about to set on fire.

She had never felt more alive in her whole life, as cliché as that sounded. She seemed to be spouting clichés off no end, but, she figured these clichés must have come from somewhere; clearly they described a feeling many people had once had. They were just over used.

It all felt gorgeously new to her, however. She wanted to just keep feeling what she was feeling for ever, to keep losing herself in the romance and beauty of the play, and then go offstage to find, for the first time ever, that her life was just as romantic and beautiful as the play had been. Only she hoped it wouldn’t end in death.

Her mother had been so blown away by her performance, that she hadn’t had time to worry about being out of the house, or so she’d said. Isis had watched her mother’s fingers twisting the hem of her skirt, over and over during the car ride to the school, not looking out of the windows, staring at her fingers, her face drawn and pale.

However, when Isis had caught a brief glimpse of her, just before the lights brightened, and the faces of the audience were obscured from view, her face had been bright, her eyes glowing with pride, a smile across her face as she saw her daughter on stage.

Isis had never felt happier in her life than when she saw her there, beaming, and out in the world for the first time in ages. Her mother was on the way back to health, she was dating (well, potentially, but Isis knew that any doubts about their relationship she had had, had vanished like dandelion seeds being blown into the wind) a gorgeous boy, and she was starring in a play, like she‘d always wanted to do, ever since she had been very little, and had seen her first play with her dad.

She liked to think he‘d be very proud of her, her dad, now she was finally starring in a play. She hoped he could see her, from wherever he was, and hoped he knew that she was blissfully happy, for the first time since he‘d died. She felt almost bad for being so happy when he wasn‘t there, but he wouldn‘t have wanted her to mope. Not her dad, the ever happy, the ever smiling man she‘d known, who made the most of everything. He’d smile at the memories, and live on with determination to have the best life possible, in honour of his memory. She hoped she was doing him proud.

The only tiny thing which niggled at her was Harry. He hadn’t been right in a long time, and she couldn’t just blame that on the fact that he had had feelings for her the whole time. She felt as if something was going to happen, though she had no idea what. 

But she cast that from her mind. Time was flying past, and before she knew it, it was their final night, her final night as Juliet after all that hard work, all those weeks of endless practicing and script writing. It had all completely been worth it, but she couldn’t help but feel that it seemed like it was all over far too quickly.

Kael was nervous when she saw him, she could tell by the look in his eyes and the way that he was chewing his lower lip so agitatedly. Already dressed and made up, she went over to him, taking both his hands so he’d stop wringing them together.