Part 1: Scared

*Knock Knock*

Akhil glanced at the door knowing who would be at midnight on his door and says come in(softly).

Door opened and a little figure walk inside with her pillow.

(ignore the bag in her hand.)

Kirti: Bhai can I sleep in your room please~.
Akhil:Ofcourse bache(kid) come here...come to bhai.

Kirti jogged towards her brother and jumped in his embrace.

Akhil: What happened bachha...again bad dream.
Kirti: Just hummed in response. Hugging his brother tightly.

Akhil closed his eyes patting her head gently blaming himself for his sister condition and her daily nightmares.

Kirti:It's not your fault akhii bhai.

*(I'll be writing Akhil as Akhii now and kirti as Kittu same as there will be calling each other)*

Akhii:You don't know kittu(whispered)

Kittu opened her eyes looking up at his brother. Akhii smiled looking at his sister and cupped her chubby cheeks which make her lips slightly pouty.

Akhii:Hmm soo what by baby wanna eat.Tell me I'll make for her.
Kittu:Fried rice without tomatoes.(with brighten smiles)

Akhii throw his head back laughing loudly.Which make kittu's pout bigger.

Akhii: Haan haan. Hume pta hai ki humara bacha don't like tomatoes (Yes Yes I know that my kid don't like tomatoes)

Kittu smiles finally seeing his brother happy face which was gloomy minutes ago.

Kittu:Yeshhh bhai.Now hurry up I'm hungyyy!!!

Akhii smiled at his sister knowing her all tactics.

Akhii: Let's goo~~ bub...

Both the siblings entered the kitchen.
Akhii put her bub on the kitchen counter and start preparing her fried rice with less spice and ofcourse without tomatoes ;)

Kittu:Bhai after eating can you help me in doing my assignment please~~
Akhii:Kittu...You don't have to say please always.And yes I'll do it for my bub.
Kittu:Nuuu~~ I just asked for help bhai I'll do it myself you don't have to do it and moreover I know you are busy in your University as it's your final year.

Akhii smile at her innocent words and says while putting the rice in a bowl .