Party Time

"You're all set girly," said Connie wiping the last of the herbs off of Nala's eye. She handed Nala a mirror to look at herself.

"You can't even tell I got decked!"

Connie smiled. "Let's try to avoid getting decked in the future. These herbs are pretty hard to come by."

"I'll try my best ma'am," said Nala giving Angelica a doubtful look.

"We're off to watch movies and have our girl's night," said Angelica a bit too loud. They both waved to Connie and dashed out of her room.

"It's like magic," said Nala looking at her eye in Angelica's mirror.

"She does have a special touch," said Angelica looking at the potion she had grabbed from Connie's bathroom. She had always thought the weird bottles that Connie had stashed under her bathroom sink were perfume bottles. Now she knew they were potions. She had stole one in particular for tonight. She put the bottle in her purse and went into her closet to find something to wear.

"Wow! Your closet is larger than my dorm room!" said Nala walking into the closet.

"Mhmm," said Angelica not listening to Nala, but concentrating on what she should wear. Connie had already bought her a plethora of prom dresses even though prom was a couple of years away. One of the prom dresses caught her eye. It was simple, but still cute enough for a party.

"What about this one?" Angelica asked Nala.

"That's nice, but I think I will be under dressed."

"No, you'll be fine. I want you to blend in. For once I want everyone to notice me, in particular Nadia." Nala looked sick at the mention of Nadia's name.

"You know you don't have to go through with this." Angelica didn't want to force Nala to do anything she didn't want to do.

"You can't go by yourself," said Nala conflicted.

"I'll be fine. I think you should stay and be the lookout here just in case one of my aunts come looking for me," suggested Angelica.

"You think so?" asked Nala hopeful.

"Yes. I would hate for both of us to get in trouble. We can't have that model student image being tainted," joked Angelica.

Nala smiled. "Okay, I won't let you down. I will be the best lookout ever."

Angelica checked the clock on her night table. "It's only 7:30. We still have time to watch a movie and have a real girl's night. I will go and get us some popcorn."

"Angelica....thank you. You're the first real friend I've had since coming to this school."

"And you're my first real friend ever," said Angelica. They both laughed.

Angelica sat at the island in the kitchen while the popcorn popped in the microwave. She smelled him before she felt his presence.

"You know it's rude to stare Michael and not speak," she said without looking behind her.

"Uh oh someone is getting good." Michael took a sit beside her.

"After a while I'll be able to do your job."

"You forgot what happened to the last person that tried that?" he said raising an eyebrow.

"Of course not, I saved her." Angelica smiled smugly.

"Alright I'll you give that one," he said throwing his hands up in surrender.

"Thank you," giggled Angelica.