Cɦɑpteɾ 5

♪ I got your back, I got you
I take your side, I lay my life down for you ♪

Charles Leclerc POV

I picked up Lucas in my arms and placed him in the car, I was already ecstatic to be able to do this but the moment he looked up at me and smiled, I felt like I could cry. I made him smile! His little eyes were shining and he smiled.

"Charles!" I hear Natalie's loud whisper and we both look at her who signaled me something, after a few tries I understood she was talking about the helmet.

"Do you want to try it?" I ask him as I pick up the helmet and he nods frantically.

"Yes," he says as he stands up in the car, I carefully put the helmet loosely on his head and he held my hand as I helped him sit.

I heard my mom crying, I could hear her sobs, and also the sounds from Lorenzo's phone while he took countless pics. I took the helmet off and then showed Lucas the steering wheel and explained some things we had in the car. He listened carefully, and for the first time, he didn't seem annoyed by my existence.

He got out with a smile and looked up at me with the hugest grin I've ever seen in him.

"Thank you! This was awesome," He says as he hugs me before he runs off to Natalie.

"You looked great there, you should've done it sooner. I know I would've done it!" Natalie says before he almost crashes into her legs before hugging them.

"Thank you!" He repeats and she kneels down to his height.

"You can have anything you want little guy. Sometimes all you need is to point since you don't like talking to people who like you," she says before she ruffles his hair.

"Thank you, for letting me know," I tell her a few minutes later while the car is taken away from the garage.

"Oh, no problem. I could see it in his eyes that he wanted it, he deserves these little things, and so do you. These are precious moments," she says as she picks up her backpack.

"Do you need a ride?" I ask curiously and she shakes her head.

"Don't worry about it, I am not at the same hotel probably," she says before she waves at Lucas as she was leaving the garage.

"Mom is almost dehydrating," Arthur says as he shows me my mom wiping her tears.

"Who was that?" She asks after she regained some control of her emotions.

"What?" I ask confused, who is she talking about?

"The woman who whispered your name, who is she? What is happening over there?" She asks obviously curious and confused.

"She is the woman we told you about. She was on the plane with us, Lucas sympathized with her. He is interested in her, he giggles and he even comes to the garage to be closer. She told me about him wanting to be in the car so I obviously did it. I felt like I am finally did something right," I explain as I feel the tears dwelling in my eyes.

"Oh, that really is some connection. I am not going to Miami but I am going to Spain, I want to know that girl," she informs me and I nod.

"You are always welcome," I say before I show her Lucas in his normal environment once again. We said our goodbyes and I hung up.

We left the track, I saw the pictures Lorenzo took and I finally felt like I was making memories with him, we were bonding. He gave me his hand as we left the track and we saw Natalie entering the bus Ferrari had rented to the hotel the team was staying in.

The next day was race day, and also the day where Mattia would tell me if he would suggest her staying on the race tracks permanently. This is a strong year for Ferrari, I have won every race until now and this wasn't any different.

I parked the car and looked at my team, both Arthur and Lorenzo were there, I hugged them while wondering if Lucas is watching from the motorhome and if he is happy for me. I stayed for like 3 minutes on the cooldown room before getting out to celebrate the podium with Max and Carlos.

I looked down to my family and that's when I saw it. Lucas was there, on Natalie's arms, he looked up and when our eyes locked he waved his little hand and smiled while trying to call Natalie who raised a finger in the air, alluding to my first place.

It felt good to celebrate a podium knowing he was watching so closely, he never did it, Arthur tried once and he almost got lost in the crowd as he tried to run away. When I went down I went exactly to where the team was and he was smiling while Natalie spoke into his ear and he answered back the same way.

I know kids are like this, they get attached easily but he was never like this. She is his comfort person, I can see by how calmly he stays in her arms, he makes no attempt to run, to get down or to even hold himself. He trusts she would him.

"Dad!" He calls and I stop on my tracks and smile at him.

"Did you like what you saw?" I ask and he nods frantically. "Why did you run when your uncles tried to bring you?" I ask gently as I kiss his cheek and he shrugs.

"What matters is that he is here now. Right?" Natalie says and his smile is back on and I nod.

"That is all that matters," I say confidently. "I would take him but ai am drenched in champagne. Arthur!" I call out and he turns to look for me and both him and Lorenzo rush in our direction.

"I didn't know you were here little guy!" Arthur says surprised as he picks him up from Natalie's arms.

"He changed his mind about coming, I should go though. Congratulations Charles, that was a great race. And it was way better to see it live," she says as she gives me a smile before heading to the garage.

It's You ✮ Charles Leclercजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें