Cɦɑpteɾ 43

♪ Karma's a relaxing thought
Aren't you envious that for you it's not? ♪

Charles Leclerc POV

It felt too early to talk about love, so this was good enough for both of us. Lucas seemed honestly excited that we were together, and he showed us all the pictures he had taken of us; he is a kid of many talents.

There was no difference at work or even in the fan's behavior; they had been rumoring about it for a long, so making it official was simply what had been awaited. We now could be way more open about our relationship and it felt liberating.

I could love, and I could be loved openly. The words still haven't left our months, our first 'I love you' still hasn't been said and I came pretty close on saying it on my brother's birthday but the cake was brought out before I could gather the courage to do it.

But today is my birthday. As the clock hits midnight, I see her and my son entering my office, in which I have the simulators and computer, and I stop what I'm doing as I see the cake Natalie held, with the candles on it. The happy birthday song was being sung in French by both, and I was utterly taken away.

"Make a wish!" Lucas says excitedly as I blow off the candles.

"I got it all kiddo," I say proudly as I pick him up.

"Mom and I made the cake while you were here. Do you like it?" He asks nervously and I nod.

"It's fantastic! How many talents does your mom have?" I am honestly surprised, but I shouldn't be since she makes most of the meals due to my own messiness in the kitchen; I do the chores, though.

"Too many! She said I have to go to bed and I can only eat the cake tomorrow," he complains and I shrug.

"Mom is the boss, kid. Let's put you into bed," I say as I pick him up.

She made him brush his teeth before midnight so he wouldn't eat the cake, he was in bed and fell asleep in about 2 minutes, and we got back to the kitchen.

"This is very good!" I say surprisedly and she chuckles.

"I only do things I am good at, mon amour," she says jokingly as she puts the cake away. We start walking to the bedroom.

"Can't the birthday boy get a kiss?" I ask as I close the door and she laughs.

"Everything for you Charlie," she says as she turns around and kisses me.

"Nat," I whisper as I lay her down on the bed and she seems curious.

"Yes," she is expecting my answer.

"I love you," I finally say, and she sits down, making me sit too. I am too nervous to know her answer now.

"I love you too," she says a few seconds later as a foolish smile appears on my lips, also appearing on hers.

"It wasn't too early right?" I ask as I hug her, and she hugs me back.

"We are basically living together, why should we hold back?" She is happy and I am happy too.

The day went by quickly; lunch was just us three, the afternoon and dinner were with family, and at night, we had the usual party. As everyone gathered around to sing Happy Birthday, I stopped at the woman who stood by my side as she fought my brothers for the place to my right.

I sat back as the cake was being eaten, and I realized I could have it all with her. I've always been anxious about my personal life; people I loved would leave, even if it wasn't their fault. Maybe I was a bad luck charm, but now I doubt that the fault was ever at play here. Life happens. Maybe every shit I've been through leads me here, and I would do it all over again if I got my kid and Nat; my life would seem complete.

I am the world champion, I am a dad to a very smart and talented kid, my family is incredibly supportive, and my partner is the most unique and gifted person I could've wished for myself. We fit together like a damn puzzle, and it sounds so damn corny. I wanted it all with her.

I wanted the joined life, the white fence, marriage, and kids running in the backyard. I wanted to give Lucas the siblings I never thought I would want to have.

"Charles!" Nat calls and I notice my brothers waited for an answer.

"I got distracted," I confess and they laugh.

"How does it feel now that you stopped fearing commitment?" Lorenzo jokingly asks and I roll my eyes.

"I had my reasons, but if you want to know, being with Nat it's great. Better than I could've ever dreamt of," I say proudly as I pull her to my body, I felt the need to have her close.

"Finally, we get to cringe from how corny and cheesy you are with someone," Arthur celebrates, and I simply laugh.

"Sometimes I don't know who's more in love with Natalie, you or Lucas," Lorenzo jokingly adds and Natalie chuckles.

"All the Leclercs love me, admit it; I will be delighted to hear it from you," she says with a smirk, and they nod.

"Our mom loves you, and so do we, so we have to agree; the Leclercs simply adore you," Arthur says, and she hugs them both.

"Now you can openly protect me instead of following me around while pretending to be doing something, I know I'm your little sister now," she says as she kisses their cheeks before coming in my direction.

"I got nothing to do with it; I didn't ask them anything," I defend myself, and she giggles.

"I know. I wouldn't blame you if you had," she says before taking my hand and leading me onto the dancefloor.

And tradition stayed. We got home, she was drunk, but she walked to Lucas' bedroom and lay beside him; he woke up for a few seconds but relaxed once he saw Natalie holding him. I was going to turn around and go to the bedroom when her voice was heard.

"Charlie, mon amour, come here," she asks sleepily and I am doubtful. Lucas never liked people sleeping with him, but I could try.

"Je t'aime mon amour," (I love you, my love) I whisper in her ear as I lay down and I expected her to have fallen asleep by now.

"Je t'aime mon amour," she whispers back, and I smile as I fix her hair before finally falling asleep.

This is all I need. And I won't let go of it now that I have it. But good things don't last forever, not for me.