Cɦɑpteɾ 12

♪ I'll be there to stop the bleeding
I'll be there to start the healing ♪

Natalie Beaufoy POV

I like Lucas' company, and I am pretty confident that he likes my company, too. He was all smiles as he saw his uncle coming in our direction almost speechless. Lucas hugs his neck as he kisses Arthur's cheek and Arthur smiles widely.

"Well, this is definitely new. Did you like it?" Arthur asks as Lucas nods excitedly. "Am I better than your dad?"

That was too much because Lucas stopped hugging him and jumped into Charles' arms while shaking his head.

"Well, I tried. Was it good enough for you too, Nat?" He asks, and I nod happily.

"That was great, almost as good as Charles. I think I will come to see this more often if I am not working, great job though," I say before he has to leave, obviously, and we do too.

"That was a good idea, thank you," Charles says as we walk through the paddock with some distance between us.

"You are very much welcome; I only have good ideas normally; thank you for the company," I say happily, and he nods in excitement.

"Time to get back to work; I will see you around," he says as we arrive at our garage, and I nod.

"Don't miss me much, little guy," I say as I kiss Lucas's head, and I start working basically immediately.

Charles left with Lucas so they could eat before the last practice session of the day, I worked until qualifying came and then went to the hospitality so I could eat something, I was on one of the stalls of the bathroom when I heard two girls talking.

"The fucking nerve! Who does she think she is fooling? She is getting closer to his son so she can snatch the dad, when I tried to speak to the kid last year that fucking brat kicked me and bruised my leg for a week. She is a smart bitch," one of the voices murmurs, and I am shocked because I know they are talking about me.

"I think she is with Charles, though. He requested a document from Human Resources, and I think it was the formulary where everyone announces any personal relationship between people inside the team. They might be together, so you better not say that even remotely close to them, or you might as well turn in your resignation," her friend tells her, and I am glad someone in the pair has some sense.

"She can fuck off; Charles would never date her; he runs from women as fast as his kid does; he lives for that stupid kid. A real psychopath in the making," she says, and that was my cue to leave the stall.

"He is exceptionally smart, but psychopaths normally don't have many emotions and empathy, and that kid is full of them. He is not a psychopath just because he denies people access to him, especially with such a lack of intelligence. I can't blame you for feeling insulted, it's not every day that a kid is smarter than us," I tell her nonchalantly as I wash my hands, I see the brunette's jaw dropping, and her friend takes a step back in fear.

"I­­­- I'm sorry. I didn't know you were here, I was just-" She starts but I interrupt the bullshit she was starting to say.

"Don't apologize, I will take this to higher-ups; this is a stall where a person with access to the hospitality could've easily heard this conversation and reported it to the media. Lucas deserves better, you two should be ashamed of yourselves for talking about a kid like that, fucking disgusting," I say as I dry my hands and I look as I look to their pass, I know their names now.

"Everything is alright?" Mattia asked confusedly. I was obviously not pleased as I returned to the garage to see the end of qualifying.

"Not really. Can I tell you something?" I ask worriedly, and he nods. Lucas was nowhere around, so I told everything I heard, including the insults to Lucas and their reveal of the Human Resources. He was shocked, to say the least.

"I will take care of it; Charles would be gutted if he heard something like that; he hates to hear people talking about his kid," he says worriedly, and I nod.

"These are their names," I say as I give him the paper where I annotated it. He smiles and puts it in his pocket.

"Also, thank you for being so kind to Lucas; he is a good kid. I think something just haunts him, but I am glad that he bonded with someone. If you need a few hours to be with him, it's fine. It's never just you to support us in your area so it's fine if you want to step out and help him, I think everyone feels better knowing he is happy and having fun," he says a bit quieter and I smile while shaking my head.

"No! That won't be needed, I am here to work and I can separate both, I can and I will unless it's something urgent and even then I will ask for permission," I say confidently and he chuckles.

"Well, you have my permission," he says before he turns around and I see him looking around the garage, he found them and he signaled them to follow him. I gave them a little wave as I smirked.

Play stupid games and win stupid prizes. My father taught me well, after all, he would be proud, very proud actually.

I went back to work and I saw a pleased Carlos and Charles entering the garage, the qualification sessions put both of the Ferraris on top so everyone was feeling the happiness of one more win for us. Red Bull is the closest to us, and they aren't measuring up to Ferrari currently.

Carlos even hugged me in the middle of the commotion of getting pole in his home race, and I could only congratulate him.