Cɦɑpteɾ 22

♫ Tell me what you mean, is it all me?
Start to overthink everything ♫

Natalie Beaufoy POV

I woke up the next day, before Charles, due to the doorbell. I put on his shirt that was at the end of the bed, put on his boxers too, and went to try and see who it was, seeing Pascale and Lucas on the other side of the door. Shit.

"Good morning," I say as I open the door. Lucas was thrilled, and Pascale was pleasantly surprised.

"Natalie! It's so good to see you, I tried calling my son but got no answer. I have to run to the salon; there's some emergency, and it's probably best I don't take Lucas," she explains, and I nod.

"Don't worry about it. Charles is still sleeping, I will take care of Lucas until he wakes up. Good luck," I say and she smiles.

"Thank you! I appreciate it darling," she says, kissing Lucas on the top of the head before leaving in a rush.

"Why were you here so early?" Lucas asks as we head to the kitchen, and I try to think of an excuse.

"I felt bad at the party yesterday, and your dad helped me get back home safely. I will leave once he wakes up," I say as I start doing breakfast.

"You vomited on your clothes? Is that why you are wearing dad's clothes?" He asks innocently, and I nod.

"I wasn't going to go into explicit details, but my clothes are a bit useless at the moment," I wasn't going to lie to him, so I wouldn't confirm anything, I would just avoid details.

"Can I try that?" He asks as he watches me, and I nod.

"Of course, did you have breakfast?" I ask, and he nods happily.

"Should I go wake dad up?" Lucas asks once I finish, and I shake my head.

"How about you wait here as I go do that? I need my phone, so it isn't a useless trip," I say, and he nods.

I enter the bedroom as a naked Charles is still sleeping in all his glory. The man is definitely something else. I could look for flaws, but I doubt I would find any. I looked in his closet for some sleeping shorts, and I found them.

"Charles!" I call him as I lean on the bed to shake his shoulder, but he rolls to my side and grabs me, pulling me on top of his body.

"Why are you dressed?" He asks, disappointment filling his voice.

"Because your mom came to drop Lucas off due to an emergency at the salon half an hour ago. Get dressed. He is waiting," I tell him as I show him the sleeping shorts, and he groans.

"Thank you," he says before kissing my lips. I get up, straightening the shirt, and I feel his presence behind me before a kiss is placed on my shoulder. "You look damn good in my shirt."

"I look good in most stuff," I cockily say, and he laughs, nodding.

We go into the kitchen/living room, and Lucas smiles widely as his dad goes to kiss his forehead.

"Did you have fun with grandma?" Charles asks in the middle of breakfast, and his little version nods.

"Did you have fun with Natalie?" Lucas asks, and I almost spit my drink while Charles nearly chokes on the oatmeal he is eating.

"The party was good; we had fun," Charles says, and Lucas is pleased with the answer.

"Well, I should get going," I say once breakfast ends, and Lucas seems disappointed.

"I will get you something to wear outside," Charles says, and I follow him to his room as Lucas sits on the couch, turning the TV on. I was so distracted that I gasped as I felt my back hitting the wall, standing now between the wall and Charles.

"Fucking hell," I complain, and he chuckles before kissing me. The passion from last night is engraved in my mind, and hopefully his.

"Will I see you before Azerbaijan?" He asks me curiously, and I shrug.

"I am traveling there this week to help set up everything, and then I have Wednesday and Thursday off there," I say, and he nods.

"I will be there on Wednesday, so between both days are an option. Is that okay with you?" He asks, and I shrug.

"Keep it casual, Leclerc; it will happen when it happens," I give him a wink as I kiss his lips gently before pushing him off, and he gives me a pair of sweatpants.

"It's my mom's; it might be loose. I will make sure to buy some clothes for you if this becomes a normal occurrence," he says as I put them on. They were loose, but they were also sweatpants, so I would survive on them for the few minutes it took me to get home.

I put my dress in a bag, and Charles took me home. Lucas kissed my cheek before I left the car, and I saw my dad in the living room as soon as I stepped inside.

"Told you that would be a thing," he says proudly, and I laugh.

"It isn't a thing; it's casual entertainment. You had your fair dose of those," I knew I would be right on this one.

"And I never let any of them meet my daughter, no matter what age you were. You will be a thing, don't get all surprised when feelings appear," he says nonchalantly.

"Keep dreaming," I tell him before entering my room, going straight to my ensuite bathroom for a good bath. I lay on the bathtub, letting my skin soak in the warm water.

Who are we trying to fool? His fans think we are dating. Everyone around us thinks we will be dating. People in the team whisper about us dating, too. A paper has been signed to prevent repercussions. I might not be in love with this man now, but what will prevent me from doing so?

I will have to think of the consequences that would follow, but the truth is that I an living them right now. People either love me or hate me. If I fell in love with him, I would risk heartbreak once he found someone better, someone who would fit in. Do I want to risk it? No. Is it my choice? Probably not.