Cɦɑpteɾ 20

♫ Are you gonna kiss me? 'Cause you're takin' me home
It's four in the mornin', are we doin' this wrong? ♫

Natalie Beaufoy POV

I was waiting for a new drink when I felt a hand on my waist. I turned, startled, and saw Jean. I wouldn't call him my ex because we didn't date, but he is a former fling, maybe current, now that I am seeing him. This night just got interesting.

"What are you doing here?" I ask excitedly as I hug him and he kisses my neck before we step away. He is very flirty.

"I came with some friends. I saw the red dress, and I knew I remembered who the body belonged to. It's hard to forget it. You look stunning tonight. I was regretting this night out, but now I don't," he says as he rests his hand on my waist, and I put mine on his arm as I have my free hand on my hair, twisting it for a bit before throwing it back.

"Missed me much?" I ask as I let out a laugh, but he nods.

"I missed you a lot; I wish you didn't have to end this because of the new job; the last two months have been harsh without you. No one is quite comparable," he says, his hand lowering by the second, and I get closer. Out of 3 minutes, he spent 2 minutes looking at my chest and one at my face.

"Maybe try not to compare. I will be traveling a lot, so what I said still remains. Sorry."

"I don't mind; you will still come to Monaco; I could be your option when you do come," he says as he leans closer, and I start closing my eyes before a voice is heard.

"Nat, we are having champagne to celebrate. Are you in?" Charles asks casually. Jean's hand leaves my lower back, and I turn around to look at him. He looked between us with a smile, but something was off.

"OH! Charles, I am a huge fan. What a great race today! It must've been the best feeling ever," Jean says excitedly, and then I see the excitement disappearing from his face. "How do you know him?"

"I work for Ferrari now. We ended up meeting at work," I explain, and it seems to click for him.

"I see the reason behind the red color; it makes sense, it suits you. You can go, I will talk to my friends for a bit, and we can resume this later," he suggests, and I nod.

"I will see you in a few minutes," I tell him, and he leaves our side. Charles orders a bottle of the most expensive champagne and asks for glasses for our table.

"Do you know him from somewhere?" I ask as we walk to the table.

"No, why?"

"You are usually all friendly, but you essentially ignored him. I thought you might've known him," I comment, still confused, and he turns to me as everyone is still coming to the table from wherever they are.

"I just didn't like his whole vibe, but that's not for me to like. You seem to like it, that's all that matters," he says calmly and I nod.

The champagne arrived and everyone yelled for Charles as he drank the first glass of it. My phone slipped out of my hand and I leaned down to catch it. You must be thinking why this matters.

I am wearing a very short dress, and I didn't kneel, I leaned down. With Charles directly behind me. I understood what I had done when I was checking my phone for any cracks and I see Pierre looking behind me, I turn to see a very silent Charles there.

"Careful!" Charles says before wrapping his arm around my waist and pulling me to him, our bodies crashing into each other, the champagne bottle hit the floor instead of my feet as it felt from Kelly's hand. Max thought it was a good idea but the bottle was too big and heavy for his unprepared girlfriend.

"I'm sorry!" Kelly says immediately and I could only nod.

"I'm fine, don't worry. He really gets dumb when drunk," my words makes everyone laugh, including Max.

"Are you okay?" Charles whispers in my ear, and a shiver is sent down my spine. Fuck.

"I am, thanks to you. I didn't see you behind me when I- You know. I'm sorry for whatever you might've seen," I run over my own words, his arm loosens around my waist and I prepare to stop having his touch on me until he turns me around, our faces too close for comfort.

"You don't need to apologize, it happens. I didn't see anything, don't worry about it," he says as he looks down at my lips and I gulp. The look he is giving me alone could throw me off the edge and that is way too much power for a man to have.

"Your boyfriend is looking for you Nat," Lando says jokingly and I look to where he pointed, seeing Jean as he waved to me and I nod at him.

"He is not my boyfriend, people with this type of life don't date," I say as I take a step back, leaving the temptation Charles was as that. I can't take that risk. He is someone I want but can't have, I will make sure to keep it that way.

"You and Charles Leclerc? I can't compete with that, I have a high confidence but I am still down to earth when needed," Jean says as I reach his side on the opposite end of the nightclub.

"My confidence is big too but I prefer to be realistic. Half of the women here have their eyes on him or any of his friends. I am not into that," I say as I drink the rest of my champagne.

"And his eyes are only on you. Is it you or the red dress? I am honestly jealous because I don't like guys who actually are competition," he gets closer and I laugh.

"I think that the whole combo is enough for men to look. Did you look only because of the color or because of who was wearing it?" I ask as bite my lip and I see his eyes focusing there.

"You could wear a oversized shirt and I would look, I know what there's underneath," he says before our lips meet.

However, my mind is on the guy I've decided was forbidden for me, the green eyed guy in the back of the club with the dark brown hair. I wanted him to be one I was kissing tonight.