Cɦɑpteɾ 46

♫ So please don't break my heart, don't tear me apart
I know how it starts, trust me, I've been broken before
Don't break me again; I am delicate ♫

Charles Leclerc POV

I crumbled as I remembered the words Anthoine had told me. We had it all; why did this have to happen? Do I bring bad luck to those around me? I entered Lucas's room, but I guess I wasn't quiet enough because he woke up, and all hell broke loose.

He was shaking, he was screaming, and I didn't understand any of the words that came out of his mouth in the middle of his sobs, so I just hugged him until he finally calmed down. I don't know how long it took, but he eventually stopped.

"Mom died, didn't she?" He asks, and my heart stops.

"No! No, she is with the doctors," I say as he sits before me.

"I saw her. She was all bloody, and she passed out; she isn't alright," he wanted my honesty, and I nodded.

"But she will be; the doctors are doing their best; we will see her soon. Mom is strong; she will be fine, I promise," I tell him, and he nods tearfully. He climbed onto my lap, and I held onto him for what felt like hours. We need her, this is isn't right.

"Charles!" I hear Anthoine calling me but it has been less than an hour, why is he back?

"Yes?" I ask nervously as I get up from the floor.

"She is awake; she can have visits now,"  he says, and I immediately follow him, and so does Lucas.

I stopped by the half-opened door. She looked at the TV, her face paler than usual, but she looked fine. A small cut in her lip, another in her nose, and a few throughout her face. The cast that protected her wrist was there, and so were all the wires and monitors that kept her under observation. She heard Anthoine and quickly looked at him, and smiled.

"Dad! How's Lucas?" She asks worriedly as he caresses her face lightly.

"Mom!" Lucas screams as he enters before me, and I follow him.

"Baby, how are you?" She asked as she watched every inch of his body for injuries, but there were close to none. She slowly sat on the bed, and I felt a lump in my throat.

"I was worried mom, I thought you had died," he whimpers as he waits for her hug. She taps the corner of the bed, and Anthoine sits him there so she can hug him, and she does it.

"I love you so much mon prince, I am so sorry," she starts crying and I walk closer.

"Accidents happen, Mom," he says as he tries to wipe her tears, and she nods.

"Did you get hurt? Is something hurting?" She asks worriedly, and he shakes his head.

"Just where the seatbelt was, I am okay. Are you okay?" He asks concernedly and she nods.

"I am fine," she says with a small smile and looks at Anthoine.

"Let's go get some water for your mom," he says as he puts Lucas on the floor. Lucas nods, seemingly understanding.

"I am so so sorry, I don't know what happened. The car is screwed and-"

"Fuck that," was all I could say as I hugged her. "I love you so fucking much; I can't live without you, mon amour."

"I woke up, and no one was here; I was so scared; everything hurt, but I was scared he might've gotten hurt," she cries into my arms, and I kiss the top of her head.

"He is alright. How are you feeling? Where was the surgery for the cut?" I ask curiously, and she points at her thigh.

"They said that I should've never left the car with Lucas. That I walked and it made it worse, I hadn't even seen it, I didn't felt it in the moment. Am I going to be okay?" She asks scaredly as I wipe her tears away.

"You will be fine baby, I won't let anything happen to you," I say as I look into her eyes and she smiles. But I still wondered if our baby was still alright. If it might risk her condition.

"Natalie," I hear the doctor's voice, and I turn to him as I hold her hand. "Can I talk to you about your condition?"

"I will be back in a few," I say as I clearly got the gist of it.

"You can stay. He can stay, he is my partner," she says nonchalantly and he nods as he closed the door.

"You fought hard to be here today. We had a serious doubt about when you would wake up due to the blood loss. We talked to your father about an important health decision, and I believe he discussed it with your partner; we were going to perform the procedure when you woke up. If you feel any pain or if you spot any bleeding, you need to call us immediately. We will keep you in the hospital, possibly for 1 to 2 weeks, and we will be performing coagulation and platelet tests every few hours to make sure everything is alright. Please avoid stress. I think your partner would prefer to enlighten you about what is happening, and maybe we can still go ahead if you want; it's still within reason to avoid further complications in your condition. If anything is needed, please don't hesitate to ask for help; your condition is stable but not great."

She looked scared, but she nodded and agreed. He checked her monitors and left the room.

"Charles. What is happening? What is he talking about?" She asks confusedly. I feel my heart racing. She is still pregnant with my baby but that might kill her.

"Promise me to remain calm; you can't be stressed. Just listen carefully and think about it with time; the worst has been worked through," I say calmly as I look into her eyes, and she nods scaredly.

"Charles, you know how I work. Just tell me what's happening, please. I will be fine, I survived this, I will survive what's to come," she says as she gives me a quick smile, and I still doubt it. This wasn't the best way to find it out.