17. Ignorance is bliss. Really?

The uneasy silence started to creep up on Aksh as he shifted uncomfortably on his place. He looked at the male who stood still looking out of the window, the Sikri tower at the far end of the kingdom in view.

It was ironic how the young royals are not supposed to know about Sikri but all the view that their rooms have is the common Sikri tower. As beautiful as it was, it couldn't change the awful amount of bloodshed associated with the place.

"Agastya.....I understand the situation but..." ...his words came to an abrupt halt as the male turned to look towards him with an expression that told him to shut up that instance.

"You understand, huh?" ...he chuckled bitterly.

One look at him and Aksh understood that the only thing which kept his tears from flowing was the responsibility of the kingdom that he was soon to carry on his back. Kings were never allowed to cry, and he wasn't going to but the amount of emotions evident on his face at that moment was hard to digest even for Aksh.

Aksh chuckled suddenly, surprising Agastya.

Agastya raised his eyebrows as to know what was so funny.

"So this is where it all comes down. Years of training, decades of self-restraint, even more for self-control and this is where it all fails so undeniably. No amount of denials, no amount of restraint and absolutely no amount of indifference can change anything now. Love, they say."

"When is the coronation?" ....came the only answer.

Aksh looked at him confusedly before answering.....

"Within the second week of this month, the date is being fixed with the royal priest." ...he answered uncertainly.

"Coronation of the Rajvanshi's" ....he corrected, voice lethal.

"I wou-would ha-have to review that with the spies, your majesty."......he stuttered this time.

"And when do you plan on doing that? After the queen of the Malik empire goes to the Rajvanshi's?"........his tone told everything that was necessary to know for Aksh.

"No. Of course, before that."....Aksh said, with a newfound energy bustling through his veins as Agastya smirked.

The plan was communicated. However, Aksh still wanted to clarify.......

"Kingdom or love?"........he questioned in a playfully serious tone.

"Both. Malik's don't sacrifice."........the soon to be king smirked; his intentions clear on his face.

"Sure, My lord.".......Aksh said as he started exiting the royal chamber, this time with a expression that ensured confidence and of course, certainty.

******************************************

"Ruh, my daughter. I promise I did not know about any of it. This was all a sudden surprise to me and I am as shocked as you are."

"I don't believe that father decided all of that without even asking me once. How can I just marry someone so suddenly? Is there no way out? Why would father even do that?"

"Beta, I'm not aware of any way out of this. All of this goes beyond my knowledge. About your father, I'm sure he decided things keeping your wellbeing in focus. The messenger showed me your father's signature on the agreement and it wasn't fake."

"But mom- ...How did all of this even happen? Am I supposed to marry someone this suddenly just because of a treaty which I didn't even know about before this?"

"Ruh. This is your fate now. You've to marry the king of the Rajvanshi's, no matter how or who he is."....the woman said sternly. She hated to turn down the pleas of her daughter but there wasn't anything she could do.