Chapter 8

Tenya was affronted at the blatant disrespect Midoriya Izuku had shown toward their homeroom teacher.

At first, he didn't think too much about him, too busy admonishing the brash blonde over his rudeness to the predecessor of their school by putting up his legs on the table like that. He doesn't look much. Green, wild hair, tied into a simple ponytail. Too busy sleeping on his desk and letting out a soft snore. The rowdiness of the class didn't bother him. When Bakugo Katsuki accidentally crashed the legs of his chair towards the table, he still didn't budge. Maybe Greeny was too excited over the fact that they are now attending the famous Hero School of UA? That he stayed up late and didn't get enough sleep? Tenya understood, he was excited too. But the teen should at least try to take a well-deserved rest in this new semester. Giving everyone a first good impression and all. Even that purple-haired boy had his eyes open, although the bags under his eyes beg to differ.

Then their teacher came like a butterfly trying to come out of the cocoon but to no avail. He took one look at their bewildered faces, had an expression of asking the God above why they tortured him with this responsibility, and ordered them all to go out into the field. Totally ignoring the orientation they should have attended right about now. Katsuki leaned back on his chair and rapped the grenette's desk. Zuku, as he heard the blonde call him, woke up and yawned, rubbing his eyes so he could get his sight back. It was just a normal interaction between associates. Yet Tenya's orbs instantly landed on his uniform. Or rather, at the black hoodie with Deer horns under the grey blazer, clearly a violation of the uniform regulation of the prestigious UA High School, not to mention the choker on his neck, what—

Before he could scold him for that, however, sensei had snatched Zuku's arm and dragged him outside, grumbling about 'problem child being a problem'. Katsuki followed, cackling madly all the while.

Tenya thought their teacher was going to reprimand him for the obvious offense. But no. Shota just led him to the field and left him to his own accord. He didn't change into his PE uniform, he didn't even join their Quirk Apprehension Test! Just continued on his previous activity and napped under the shadow of the surrounding trees.

He didn't understand. Wasn't a teacher's job supposed to be straightening the unruly student at a moment's notice?

Fortunately, Tenya was not the only one who was confused by the blatant ignorance. The boy with a tail Quirk raised his hand and asked exactly that. Shota took one look at the sleeping teen and huffed. The 'I'm so done with this' expression was back within a second.

"That's Midoriya Izuku. He's not a student of UA"

The answer caused a hushed whisper to echo. The confusion didn't disappear. Instead, it grew even stronger.

Then, what is he doing here, if he's not one of them? Tenya wanted to clarify but the test had begun. Why is he wearing the UA's uniform, even if it wasn't a complete set? Is he one of the teacher's children? What Senior High school did he attend? Shouldn't he be there then? Instead of loitering around other people's school?

It was nagging at the forefront of his brain. His body may move on its own to finish the test, but his mind was wandering around, questioning the existence of the laid-back teenager. So, after his eyes caught the score on the scoreboard, he let out a sigh because he was not in the very last place and in danger of getting expelled. He then let out a bigger sigh when Aizawa said it was just a logical deception. He could feel the purple-haired boy's relief from over here without having to look at him, and Tenya marched forward. Izuku was in the middle of stretching his body when he landed a palm on his shoulder, the words 'may I talk to you' were already on the tip of his tongue—

Before his sight blurred, his body felt light.

And the next second, he was already on the ground, staring right into those blank green eyes while the tip of something sharp hovered just under his chin.

Everything went dead silent. He heard someone choke on their own saliva.

Seeming to realize he had just judo-thrown one of his classmates to the ground and noticing that there was real danger in the vicinity, Izuku pocketed the knife—

No. That didn't look like a knife. It was a kunai. He tucked it back into his jacket's hood and stood up, looking down at Tenya with half-lidded eyes.

"Sorry about that. I'm not good with ambushes from behind. My reflexes just kicked in," Izuku scratched the back of his nape, "troublesome. But next time, if you want to talk to me, try calling my name instead. You're lucky I'm not completely sleeping."

Or else my weapon will gut your throat out without mercy. He didn't hear Izuku say that specifically, yet he heard the insinuation anyway.

Izuku walked away with Bakugo right beside him, thumping his fist to his friend's chest and congratulating him for the scare of the day. Every student in class 1-A was frozen on their feet. Their brains still could not process the shocking scene they saw just a minute ago. He gulped.

From that day onward, Iida Tenya promised not to needlessly antagonize Midoriya Izuku anymore. If that means turning a blind eye to his offense against the school regulation, then so be it.

It's not like he's a killer in disguise anyway. As long as he's not hurting anyone, then everything is good.