Part 13

"Why aren't you and Lauren together?" Santana asked as she saw Quinn enter the auditorium with a frown

She just glared at her before sitting down next to Brittany who handed her a sandwich.
"Thank you" Quinn said.

"Since you have a sandwich, can you answer my question?" Santana asked, but Quinn didn't seem to hear because she was focused on the sandwich she was eating. "Seriously?" she added before looking at Brittany who shrugged before giving Quinn some water as she finished her sandwich.

"I can't understand other women, even though I am a women too." Santana said before moving away from the two who only understood each other.

"Is it just me, or does it feel like we have a real shot at Regionals next month?" Mercedes said to Artie, Kurt and Tina.

Artie added," The Ohio Show Choir chat rooms have all been buzzing about how Vocal Adrenaline has lost a step."

"I agree-- The judges know all of their tricks and now that we have Jessie, they've lost their best performer." Kurt said happily and imagined that they would achieve success.

The four were surprised when Rachel suddenly appeared," You guys have to come to the auditorium-- it's an emergency!"

When they arrived at the auditorium, they saw that vocal adrenaline was on stage with jesse. The reactions of the glee members were incomprehensible because they had no idea what was going on.

They looked at Rachel who came over to talk to Jesse," Jessie? What are you doing up there with them?" Rachel asked nervously.

"I've transferred back to Carmel High, Rachel. I'm sorry that it's come to this, but you guys were awful to me. You never accepted me, you never listened to my clearly superior ideas." Jesse said with a hint of resentment in his voice.

Finn said, "Why are you here? in our auditorium?"

Jesse crossed his arms before answering Finn's question. "The blogs and the chat rooms say that we're finished, and that you guys are ripe to topple us. We just wanted to show you a something we came up with a few days ago to see if you agree with that assessment." after Jesse said they were getting ready to perform.

When the performance ended, Jesse's partner spoke. "Thanks for letting us borrow your auditorium, guys. It's quaint." Vocal adrenaline laughed.

The Glee club was left in the auditorium a bit disheartened by what happened.

--

As they returned to the glee room they all talked. "It's a Carmel High tradition. They psych out the competition a few weeks before the big show. They call it a funkification. Meaning they show us what they've got, and we spiral into a deep black funk." said Artie