Chapter 6 - Safe?

Magnolia

"Hi... I'm Magnolia"

I stand there, my feet side by side, my hands tucked together behind my back.

I'm nervous, and it doesn't escape their notice. The tension in the room growing the longer my introduction hangs in the air.

So quite my ears start to pick up on their breathing, the slight shift in the floorboards. Their heartbeats.

Far calmer than I'm sure mines beating.

"Hi, Magnolia." Campfire says. "My names Luther" he holds his hand on his chest, "And this is Seth and Daniel" he gestures to Pine and Rain, then gingerbread with the other. The last giving me another wink.

Luther. Seth. Daniel.

I nod my head for no other reason but to show myself I understand.

"Would you mind sitting? We have a lot to discuss." Luther says, his voice smooth and deep. It washes over me leaving goosebumps in its wake.

His aura calming and gentle, but at the same time dark. Like the calm before the storm. His eyes show gentleness at the moment, giving nothing but calming vibes. It helps the shaking in my hands, but not yet enough to keep me from hesitating.

Having them see me, in my body, makes this so much harder than I had thought. I clutch my wrist behind my back, squeezing until the shaking stops completely.

My feet moving me to the couch, the only indication I heard him. I find a spot near the end and place my self with my feet under my butt. My fingers the most interesting this in the room as I interlock and twist them together in my lap. Over and over again.

I don't even notice the dip in the couch as slowly a hand covers mine, the tingles almost immediately spreading over the area. Luther caressing his thumb over the back of my hand as his fingers work there way in-between mine. The action soothing. Comforting even.

My eyes meet his, a small smile spreading across his lips. A warmth spreading over my cheeks has me nervous for another reason. I turn my head, hoping he didn't notice.

Doubt it. His husky chuckle only embarrassing me more.

I move my gaze around the room, first the arm of the couch, then the fireplace to my right. Its brink almost perfect. Unused.

Eventually my eyes wader onto a pair of black shit kicking boots. Boots the size of my head, if not bigger. Slowly my curiosity gets the better of me, moving higher and higher until...

When I catch Pine an... Seth's gaze, I notice he's... off. Nervous. Like me.

He doesn't seem like the type to get nervous. The confusion must be clear on my face because he quickly averts his eyes and sits in the furthest chair from me. D-daniel still leaning on the arm of the other couch.

"So..." I start to say, having no plan or idea what to say. Moving my eyes back to my hands, Luther's fingers still holding strong. His thumb rubbing back and forth over the back of my hand.

I have so many questions. Who are you? What are you? What am I? Why do you all smell so good?

My thoughts are cut short when Luther is the first to speak up. I get the impression he's the conversationalist of the three guys.

"So, we would like to ask you a few questions. From where were standing, its an odd situation and we want to see where you stand." His hand still holding mine, the sight and feel calming.

"O-okay" is all I say, keeping my eyes down. Head slightly tucked into my shoulders.

I flinch back as a hand moves in front of my face, hesitating before brushing the hair from my face. Gently tucking it behind my ear. I turn to the side, finding Daniel crouched beside me. His fingers still brushing through to the ends of my hair.