Chapter 16 - Soft and Silky

Magnolia

I walk out of Luther's closet, my new silky PJs wrapped around my body. The fabric cool at first, but quickly warming to my skin.

I run my finger down the side of my sleep shirt, moving until I feel the lacy hem of my shorts resting on my thigh.

I've never felt something so smooth and soft. I almost feel wrong for wearing them.

Luther stands at the end of the bed, grey sweats framing his perfect butt. Something I am just now getting the chance to appreciate.

He reaches up, pulling a tight black t-shirt over his head and down his body. His back to me. The tones flesh rippling with cords of strength that flex as his arms work.

I low whimper passes over my lips as my body urges me to run my fingers over him. To feel him under my touch.

He turns at the noise, his gaze engulfing all of me. I feel his eyes traveling all the way down to where my shorts end. And further.

"I've never felt something so soft." I say out loud, reciting my earlier thoughts. I fidget with the hem of my shirt, rubbing the lace in between my fingers.

"You'll get used to it." His deep voice washing over me, his foot falls making me look up at him again. He comes close, slow as he wraps his arms around my waist. Pulling me into his chest.

"I don't think I'll ever get used to this." I whisper, more to myself but he overhears easily with his super human hearing.

I never want this to stop. To end. But I don't think I'll ever think I deserve this, them. And yet I don't want to let them go.

I feel selfish, and greedy.

Luther leans down, pressing his soft lips to my forehead as his arms tighten around me.

"Luther?" he pulls back, angling his head so his full attention is on me.

His fingers rubbing the fabric at my back. The bottom of my shirt lifting, allowing his skin to brush the small of my back.

I shiver and tingle wherever he touches. Heat sinking in my stomach, I swallow, gathering my courage.

"I don't know how you can... like someone like me." I say, holding his stare. His emerald eyes filling with unspoken feelings, his face tightening at my words. "I'm damaged, b-broken, and..." the words leaving me faster then they came.

"You are anything and everything but damaged and broken." Luther cuts me off. "I love you." My eyes start to burn as water gathers and spills. "And I always will. No matter what."

My foreheads bumps his chest as I lean forward. His shirt soaking up to tears spilling from my eyes.

I feel Luther's warm campfire smell fill my senses, calming my heart so I can gather myself. He hovers on my shoulder, his lips ghosting over my skin.

"Please, don't cry. My heart breaks to see those tears." He plants kisses up and down, slowly moving to the sweet spot connecting my shoulder and neck.

Shaking my head I say, "No, no... There h-happy tears."

I feel his body relax. His face nuzzles into my neck, pulling me closer so I can wrap my arms around his neck.

"I've never felt so... special." A cracking sob interrupts me, and I feel Luther itch to comfort me. But he lets me continue. "And I don't want it to stop. I-I don't want any of it t-to stop."

He pulls back until we're face to face, his nose brushing mine, rubbing small eskimo kisses side to side.

"You will never have to worry about that again. We all love you, and we plan to love you until our last breaths." He speaks. His hands fully slipping under the back of my shirt. The warmth from his palms not keeping the tingles from forming.